Scion xB Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm going to get my first set of rims for the box. And I'm driving myself insane with what ones I should get

I want deep dish rims with out getting fender flairs or wide body kits.

Anyone have anything good?

·
Registered
79 Posts
How wide do you want to go and also how big. My best suggestion would be to get something like a 18x8.5 or 9 with like a 10-20 offset and probably -3 degrees camber on the back and 2 on the front....that would also include rolling or cutting the fenders....

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
ya I doubht I'm going to get around rolling the fenders. I was looking at at least 4 inch lips... How much would it be to roll them?

·
Registered
79 Posts
well I know two people with 4 inches of lip...this is one of thiers specs

17x8.5 +17 offset
17x9 +16 offset

He is dropped very low...He has had to pull, cut, roll, pull again, roll...etc...what suspension are you running it will make a huge difference. If you go air not as much work as it would be with coilovers..

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yea I just have stock set up right now, but do have plans you know. Is there any way to go without the rolled fenders? Like maybe 15 or 16 inch rims?

·
Registered
276 Posts
if you dont plan on dropping it at all then technically a 16x9 will fit with a 4 in lip. if you plan on dropping it then yes rolling and/or cutting is required for that big of a lip... you can get away with fake 2" lips without cutting or rolling though. But if you wanna run with tha big boy lips then you gotta pay to play.

·
Registered
43 Posts
jpscion said:
if you dont plan on dropping it at all then technically a 16x9 will fit with a 4 in lip. if you plan on dropping it then yes rolling and/or cutting is required for that big of a lip... you can get away with fake 2" lips without cutting or rolling though. But if you wanna run with tha big boy lips then you gotta pay to play.
actually, I'll post pics next week of my wife's xB sporting 16x9" NKB's w/ 205/40-16.

·
Registered
201 Posts
soapboxxx said:
I'm going to get my first set of rims for the box. And I'm driving myself insane with what ones I should get

I want deep dish rims with out getting fender flairs or wide body kits.

Anyone have anything good?
i can get ya these: www.jlinewheels.com or www.Iforged.com

give us a call for pricing and more details @ 562 926 1735 mon-fri 11a-7p pst

thanx
-coi-

·
Nor*Cal's Most Hated
3,841 Posts
Most have covered the offsets and wheels that you can get, but I will say, you're going to have to roll your fenders if you want to be low.

You can have a 4 inch lip and not roll your rear fender, you just won't be that low.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts