Scion xB Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 137 Posts

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Rolling on deep dish rims? I want to see em!!! I am looking to pick up a scion in a few months and love how they look dumped with the deep dish rims, like work equips... If you guys could, could you list the specs, like offset so I can know what to look for :) Im not looking to build a show car so some off brang generic companys like drag will be fine.

Thanks guys get those pics comin!!!

Sample of what im looking for...

·
Registered
426 Posts

15 x 8 with a +0 offset

·
Registered
974 Posts
Deep dish steelies. Custom built all the way. I sell them if you are interested in a OE or old skool look.

Specs.....
Fronts
15x8 18mm offset
rears
15x8 5mm offset

Perfect fit for the xB if you want to rool deep and not have to modifiy your fenders at all.

·
Registered
5,726 Posts
Real lip is the lip of a 2 or 3-piece wheel, and measured from the spoke to the outter lip. Its not just the polished outter edge of a 1 piece wheel. 99% of people cant tell the difference, and sometimes either can I, but its more fun saying it that way :p

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks guys those pics are awsome!!! those steelies are great as well. I was looking at picking up a set of sportmax 002 with 0 offset later on when i get an xb. Any one recomend an other 15in rim that looks hard with a lip and 0 offset?

Thanks again guys im jealous :) keep em comming.

·
Registered
1,479 Posts
I would have to say the difference between a "real" lip and a faked lip is in the shape of the wheel's center. Take a look at the shape of the face of Scotty's wheels. See how flat that is? Now take a look at the Axis face. See how far the center of the wheel turns back to give you a big lip? That is what some would consider a fake lip.

It isn't so much accomplished with back spacing or offset as it is the shape of the wheel center. I personally don't mind it, but others wouldn't count it as real lip. But I do prefer the look of a "real" lip. As long as it will still tuck when laid out. Not just the top of a stretched tire.

·
Registered
672 Posts
Axis Oldskool - 15x8 25mm w/ a 75mm lip (almost 3 inches)

I was driving along with you on the 405 last week going north from irvine...
you've got some weird 3 circle deal on your left fog light cover, right?

Anyways, i was the...well, read my screen name. :) The tattooed guy driving the (very much in need of a car wash) black xb lowered on steelies, lol

Nice ride, those wheels look great in motion, and i dug your tail blackouts!

·
Registered
212 Posts
I would have to say the difference between a "real" lip and a faked lip is in the shape of the wheel's center. Take a look at the shape of the face of Scotty's wheels. See how flat that is? Now take a look at the Axis face. See how far the center of the wheel turns back to give you a big lip? That is what some would consider a fake lip.

It isn't so much accomplished with back spacing or offset as it is the shape of the wheel center. I personally don't mind it, but others wouldn't count it as real lip. But I do prefer the look of a "real" lip. As long as it will still tuck when laid out. Not just the top of a stretched tire.
I have to agree here, to me, the "cup" style wheels are fake lip, if you take where the lugs actually come out of the center cap down to the lip on a lot of the "cup" wheels, its only truly about 1" most of lip, true lips is with a flat faced rim ;)

notice the lip actually looks pretty big, however, see how the spokes bow back in again to make the lip larger, however, the spokes flare back farther then the lugs and the hub of the car would ;)

·
Registered
212 Posts
honestly, not taking to many pictures of my car until i get my new suspension all finished and until i see my dad :D =X

1 - 20 of 137 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.