Scion xB Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'd like to hear some opinions on this: I've got some tax return money burnin' a hole in my pocket & i'm torn between 2 options.

First off, my box is pretty much stock BSP w/ 7 spoke factory alloys & spoiler. So do I 1: Get dual halo projectors, new grill (upper & lowers), and new tail lights?

Or 2: Get dual halo projectors, either upper OR lower grill, and some DF210 springs? I don't have the money right now for the wheels I want.

What do y'all think? Will the box look weird dropped on the factory alloys? Would it look more strange to be stock height w/ a whole custom front end?

I can't decide, I want to do all of it eventually, but who knows when the fundage will be available to do the rest. Thanks for your input!

·
Registered
552 Posts
its your money do as you please.
but since you ask, springs first, keep the oem headlights, save the rest for your new wheels ;)
^^^I agree^^^

I had spring on order a few days after I brought the box home. It will look fine on stocker till you get new rims. I think springs make the most difference with these cars

But in the end it's your car, get what makes you happy. Don't buy stuff to make your car look cool to others!!!!!!

·
I am Sofa King We Todd Ed
3,453 Posts
Springs, keep the heads and tails. For the headlamps, smoke em out. For the tails....Smoke em or red em out. The other money left over? Do what you want.

From there, if you really want new grilles, get em. Pin striping? Get that. Some way awesome vinyl graphics? sure! You can always do a buncha LED enhancements as well; in the door handles both in and outside, in the vents, under the dash and seats, in the roof handles, speaker grilles......Maybe do em in the engine bay? Your possibilities are endless!

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hmmm, interesting. I'll definitely only do stuff because I like it, but there are just so many mods available I thought I'd ask. Thanks for the feedback, now you guys have me considering a 3rd option:)

·
Regular abUser
2,945 Posts
Drop springs a must. I got some tein s used for around $100 off of "the other site" so just keep your eyes open and you can find good springs for cheap. I'm still runnin stockies, but I threw on some chrome rings and it looks good for price. I took my tails apart and painted them TCM, which truned out well (only cost was paint).
Hope that helps a little.

·
Registered
5,726 Posts
Save up for a while: get the wheels you ultimately want and get the suspension system you ultimately want. Stance is THE most important of a car. I dont want to go offending anyone, but I dont give a second look to a car with ill-fitting rims, lip kits, tacky graphics, custom lights, and that frivolous crap. You show me a car that is dropped 3.5" with some aggressive fitting wheels, and you get my respect. Once you have that, then start worrying about the other stuff.

This is the way I see it-

This:

Or this:

Call me crazy, but the black one looks a HELL of a lot better than the crappy silver one.

·
Registered
1,479 Posts
I think you've got a general consensus, but everyone here knows I'll throw in my two cents. (For some, even when it isn't wanted.) :)

Stance is the most important. You could be sporting a $3000 set of custom built wheels with the perfect offset. But if you are sitting at stock height, the car will look like crap. Once you have the stance down, then move on to the wheels as Sid originally mentioned. Save your cash and do the big stuff first. All the little frills and fluff like lighting can wait until the end of your build.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
This is why I love Club xB! I think the "get springs" crowd has won me over. The pics ScottyTuned posted convinced me that's the way to go for the first step. Actually, the pics of the black xb is exactly what mine would look like, those are the wheels I want & I've already cleared my headlights. Thanks again!

·
Registered
5,726 Posts
Yea Joeys D's are pretty much the hotness. Joey had a pretty damn nice stance there. You must realize though, that if the get springs crew has won you over, then you're not going to have his stance. It will LOSE a lot even if the difference is between 2.2 inches and 3.2 inches. If lowering it like his is your option, save up and get coilovers. (dont waste your money on something youll change later anyway). Spending a few hundred here and there is going to put you a long way off of the 3000 dollars needed to get a stance like his. (between coilovers and rims/tires) Just my noob .02

·
TheOtherGuys
7,988 Posts
Don't waste your money on any cheap headlights for sure. My stockers w/ silverstars work 10 times better than my old aftermarket projectors w/ HID's.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.