Scion xB Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
813 Posts
Is that total enclosure .7 cubic feet ? If its per sub I would look at the Powerbass 2XL subs, they hit really clean and hard. Ive rocked everything from crossfire to alphasoniks and i think powerbass is high quality of subwoofers. the 2XLs are 450rms and 900 peak and two of those will sound gnarly i think

·
Registered
333 Posts
there is a better box for a 12" sub...pm quadoptix on here...he sells them...it has .8 inch cubic airspace..and its fiberglass so you can paint it or wrap it...i have one but no pics and running a Directed 12" DVC sub...it hits hard and clean..and it was a pretty decent priced sub..

·
Registered
131 Posts
I dunno about you guys but maybe Im old school...I think for the money, you cant beat a good ol' Alpine type R paired up with a mono 1000 watt V12 Amp and a power cap. I had that exact setup in my old altima back in the day, and the one single sub hit harder than most of my friends 2 12" boxes.

·
Registered
333 Posts
thats not old skool! alpine type r? we can go back to MTX Blue Thunders or some Cerwin Vega's or....Fosgates...but i think what hayalex is looking for is a small box where he can still have some ample trunk space...thats why I believe he was looking into the first box

·
Registered
333 Posts
thats a good sub....i hope it doesn't choke out..make sure on the airspace that the sub needs

·
Registered
176 Posts
Yeah i have always been a fan of Cerwin vega. Just my .02 cents though.
I do like the look of the box in question though. I have been looking for a setup like that and may give it a 2nd look.

·
-=(( Gcat ))=-
635 Posts
Woot MTX Blue Thunders! I had four 10's in the back of my Chevy S10. People knew I was coming! We were running MTX Blue Thunders with Infinity Mids and tweets back then. Man that brought back memories.

I actually do like the box for that space more and more. Especially since I am thinking about getting my back space back by removing the Bazooka tube.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.