Scion xB Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
whats the best product to use to remove decals off car. i have decal of the the puinsher going across both sides of my scion xb and the skull on my hood. someone opened there door and scraped the sh*t out of it and know i got to remove it:mad: :. help is very needed:( . thank you.

·
Super Moderator
16,213 Posts
How long have you had them on your box? You're gonna want to make sure the impression of the decal is buffed out, otherwise you'll be able to see the outline on your paint after they're removed, 'cause those areas haven't been exposed to the elements. Kinda like when you leave a bra on the hood for a long time, you have some slight discoloration. (Best description I can think of.)

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
decal

its been a year i think. but its not faded i took one of the punisher decal off the trunk i hope not faded. cause i seen thoe decal can mess cars paints up. my brother had toyota and took off the decals and he still had them on. soo ggo im going to pick it up thanks, any speicals tools and should i heat up the door with a dryer to be easyier.

·
Super Moderator
16,213 Posts
Hmm, since you're in Jersey a little heat may be in order. Just do it evenly.

BTW, my grandmother lives in Willamstown, NJ.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
decal

thats whats up i live in trenton nj. but i understand cold and heat. i messed up my trunk trying to debaged my scion. i got scrapes and need touch up. but hey what you going to do still new at working on the car.

·
Floating Around Somewhere
11,800 Posts
I've seen guy's use hair dryers to "soften up " the decal as they removed them. Seemed to work great. To bad you have to go thru all that work just because of someone else's ignorance:mad: Sorry people in this world:mad:

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
decal

yeah! i work for the state, so i park in a lot, so when i came out this morn i llook:eek: :mad: and bang my r is messed up and i seen a dent to:mad: .

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
decal

so what would be good to use to get that glue that will be left on? after i peel it off.:confused:

·
Premium Member
4,884 Posts
use heat and a plastic bondo spatula to remove (I used a snoopy hair dryer to desticker an 88 Jeep wrangler Laredo) then use the goog gone to remove the glue residue.

·
Registered
762 Posts
carmelo man, park on the roof like i do!!!! after i get my car painted, you KNOw my car wont be seen anywhere in that sh!tty garage!. somebody f-ed up my camaro in there and didnt leave a note or anything :anger:

·
NEXT LEVEL MOTORING
3,810 Posts
i've used sunny warm cali, hair dryer, rubbing alcohol dabbed on a soft cloth, and paitence. i've used rub alcohol w/ no side effects. use little a time. it does evaporate quickly. just make sure that when you start to peel the sticker, peel evenly, and slowly. you'll get less mess. after that wash, rinse, wax, and wipe.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
decal

i know d. im no more in the garage im out there in public parking in front of dmv. so my car is out there all by itself. i think im going with the alcohol and hair drier treatment when it get warm enough to remove decal. thanks everyone for there info.

·
mertechperformance
1,478 Posts
a years worth of sun can definately fade the paint , use detailer and a plastic razorblade , and then pull at it once youve got a bit peeled up , after that goo gone/ claybar it.

·
Registered
762 Posts
i doubt it would matter to the topic, but his car is black sand pearl for reference

·
Floating Around Somewhere
11,800 Posts
I've used cotton balls and rubbing alcohol as well. Take your time -- don't rush -- And make sure that you give it a good waxing as well after words.
Peace

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.