Scion xB Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
552 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok my dealer is a tool. Told me the color of my box was BSP but after reading on here I can see it is not. Then I was told Camo, then now someone I ran into at the store said shadow mica.

The question is where can I look if any to find a paint # to know for sure.

On a side note to show how clueless my dealer is, I asked him when I was test driving, "what is that blue light" (at start up on a cold engine). He said never mind, don't worry about it. It'll go off in a sec. it always does that.

He had know idea, LOL.

cheers

·
Super Moderator
16,213 Posts
You now officially know more than your dealer/salesperson!!

Still laughing at the "blue light" remark he made!!!

·
Registered
195 Posts
The owners manual says that the blue light will go off when the coolant temp reaches 137 deg. F.

This sounds like the same sort of schmucks that I was dealing with at the first dealership I went too. I was so pi$$ed by the second time I went in there because of their total lack of knowledge and attitudes that I left and went to the dealer downtown where not only did they know their product I also got treated like royalty.

·
Registered
552 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
The owners manual says that the blue light will go off when the coolant temp reaches 137 deg. F.

This sounds like the same sort of schmucks that I was dealing with at the first dealership I went too. I was so pi$$ed by the second time I went in there because of their total lack of knowledge and attitudes that I left and went to the dealer downtown where not only did they know their product I also got treated like royalty.
My dealer was just dumb, they had great attitudes and gave me a great price and some free incentives on my box.

·
Registered
1,573 Posts
My dealer was just dumb, they had great attitudes and gave me a great price and some free incentives on my box.
Huh, if your car was a new purchase (not pre-owned) then they really are idiots. You can't throw things in on a Scion.

I have compliance check tomorrow and although we do a lot around here in the Scion world if anything is out of place for the check I WILL get dinged on my allocation.

It still amazes me that any dealer out there isn't playing by the covenant.

-Alex

·
Registered
552 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Huh, if your car was a new purchase (not pre-owned) then they really are idiots. You can't throw things in on a Scion.

I have compliance check tomorrow and although we do a lot around here in the Scion world if anything is out of place for the check I WILL get dinged on my allocation.

It still amazes me that any dealer out there isn't playing by the covenant.

-Alex
It was a new car, they throw stuff in by adding $ to my trade in. That way they aren't lower the price on books, but the over all effect is free stuff for me :D There is always a way to have a dealer throw stuff in.

I NEVER pay sticker price!!

cheers

·
Registered
1,573 Posts
Yeah, they're not supposed to do that either. That's negotiating on the trade and it's actually how most dealers get pinched for non compliance. I know of two dealers in the KC region that this has happened to already.

Sure there's ways to hide throw-ins and such, but it's just not worth 30 cars a year to me to make one sale.

Everybody at our dealership pays the same for Scion. That includes me on both of mine. Anybody that doesn't believe that is always offered the opportunity to see the paperwork on my deals.

-Alex

·
Registered
552 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
yeah but they do what they have to to sell them. They wouldn't sell up here if they didn't throw stuff in. With 12" of snow fall in a day, you can't drive these till raods are plowed. That makes cars cheap up here and trucks more exspensive. Which is why I bought a car ;)

·
I am Sofa King We Todd Ed
3,453 Posts
I personally would LOVE to sell Scions. Not only am I engrossed in the world of these lovely vehicles, It'd be nice to help other enthusiasts get what they want.

It's too bad that 99% of the dealerships around here only hire no-nothings that know nothing about the cars they sell besides that they're made by Toyota. Oh, and interest rates and stuff that deals with money.

·
Registered
35 Posts
^^^ Selling Scions appears it would be an awesome job and it can be but it really takes the right dealer to make it work. I loved it but the dealership I was at became totally unsupportive and they ended up screwing me over several times. Its just not all the fun people think it is. Its still a job and there are plenty of days it still sucked...

·
Registered
485 Posts
i love working around scions all day. I get free stuff and people always come to me to ask questions about scion accessories and just general questions. its the best

·
I am Sofa King We Todd Ed
3,453 Posts
The way I look at it though, is that I get paid more than the job I have now. I'm not worried about the days sucking, or the long hours, or the possible unsupportiveness from the dealership. I need a better paying job than the one I have now, and all the people sitting pretty at the dealerships who don't know one thing about the car they're selling sickens me.

Sorry, I just feel I'd be doing the Scion community a favor by selling the cars correctly than telling someone that lights go on and off is normal.....

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.