Scion xB Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The scion.com website and most of the marketing material show the EM7 wheels which I decided I wanted, but when I went in to buy my box Friday they didn't offer those, they offered a 10-spoke version at the same price. Did this just recently change? I went with the 10s anyway, but I really liked the 7s better.

·
Registered
1,105 Posts
Do your ten spokes have the Scion logo in the middle, or do they have someone else's logo? Just wondering if the dealer is substituting a lower priced aftermarket wheel for the Scion optional alloys...

Here are the current optional xA and xB Scion alloy wheels:

xA

xB

HTH,
Tom

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Tomas said:
Do your ten spokes have the Scion logo in the middle, or do they have someone else's logo? Just wondering if the dealer is substituting a lower priced aftermarket wheel for the Scion optional alloys...

Here are the current optional xA and xB Scion alloy wheels:

xA

xB

HTH,
Tom
I am not sure if they have the Scion logo on them.. they aren't installed yet, since they didn't have them in stock.

Could it be that they'd use the xA's upgrades for the xB if they were out of the 7s?? Seems kind of strange.

Appreciate you taking the time, Tomas.

·
TheOtherGuys
7,988 Posts
^^^^ditto, those are a waste.^^^

·
Registered
1,105 Posts
I agree that the dealer alloy wheels are vastly overpriced - there are 'equivalent' wheels out there for a whole lot less.

For example, here's the Scion 7 spoke and a $70 7 spoke from TireRack.com.

Yes they are different, but the difference in price is a whole lot more than the difference in looks. :)

(The wheels I have on Vanilla are a 5 spoke of the same brand - and from TireRack. They were only $65, though.) :D

Tom

·
Registered
194 Posts
Tomas said:
I agree that the dealer alloy wheels are vastly overpriced - there are 'equivalent' wheels out there for a whole lot less.

Tom
when we got our box, I couldn't believe how over priced the dealer wheels were... talk about sticker shock :eek:

I agree with the rest, just get the stock steelies and then go to tire rack or something.

Tom... nice wheels

·
Registered
8,923 Posts
It probably can't be stressed enough, buy your wheels and tires from an aftermarket source so you don't pay too much. I bought mine from the dealer for 2,000 bucks. They're nice, but not that nice.

xBkitty go the one's on the right for a grand with tires.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts