Scion xB Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I took my xB back to the dealer where I bought it and had the armrest and foglights installed. When I was presented with the bill there was a $112.00 charge for the armrest with $35 installation, $350 for the foglights with $140 installation. With taxes added it was over $700. When I protested the charges they explained that there had been a price drop for the armrest and with some reluctance removed the installation charges. Now with taxes it came to $507.26 Maybe today was just my turn in the barrel
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
827 Posts
Yeah, I wont buy anything from my "stealership" They have bumped all the prices up by about 1/3 on accessories. Almost $50 for liscence plate frames!!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
8,923 Posts
theelf said:
I took my xB back to the dealer where I bought it and had the armrest and foglights installed. When I was presented with the bill there was a $112.00 charge for the armrest with $35 installation, $350 for the foglights with $140 installation. With taxes added it was over $700. When I protested the charges they explained that there had been a price drop for the armrest and with some reluctance removed the installation charges. Now with taxes it came to $507.26 Maybe today was just my turn in the barrel
How long have you had your Box? If you just bought it and ordered the options the installation charges are included with the price posted on the web site. The only items that don't include installation are suspension and engine components. Sounds like you must have had a run in with our favorite service manager, Mr. Ben Dover. :D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
309 Posts
i cant believe they even have the balls to charge people more the 50 bucks for that armrest including the install. the armrest is of questionable quality, it feels like it cost 10 bucks to make. its also not functional for people who are 6' and over.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,222 Posts
$350 for the foglights? You got fuked over. I bought mine for $219 and free shipping from TRDSparks, and installed them myself.


I hope you learned something. When it comes to easy modifications such as an armrest and foglights, do it yourself. It saves you TONS of money.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
526 Posts
dam you guys all over pay for all your **** well not really cuz mine is all hook up prices from dealers i have a buddy that works there and she always give me it at cost
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
526 Posts
no what it think is that they dont get cars with discounts but on parts they do because she buought a tc and they couldnt give her a break but on parts they car
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
hayalex6 said:
$350 for the foglights? You got fuked over. I bought mine for $219 and free shipping from TRDSparks, and installed them myself.


I hope you learned something. When it comes to easy modifications such as an armrest and foglights, do it yourself. It saves you TONS of money.
I am handicaped (diabetic nuropathy and disbetic retinopathy) thet keep me from doing that type of work anymore
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,222 Posts
theelf said:
I am handicaped (diabetic nuropathy and disbetic retinopathy) thet keep me from doing that type of work anymore

Oh, I am very sorry. Just tells you that one shal not assume anything.

But if you could find somone from the site who is near you, they might help you out.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,573 Posts
Okay, I'm going to look like the bad guy here, but everybody should know this by now.

Pure Price = The price posted is the price you pay. The price is posted both on the dealership's showroom and on the dealership's website (NOT scion.com).

This means you will always know what the installed price on an accessory is before you go in to the dealership. Just look it up on the dealership's Scion website.

Now, if the dealership is charging you more or less than what their posted Pure Price is, there is a problem and that dealership needs to be checked out.

So, sorry to be the bad guy, but the "stealership" thing really pisses me off ESPECIALLY when talking about Scion accessories. I spend a large portion of each day ensuring that my dealership lives up to the Pure Price model. I do it so that every customer we have is treated the same way and there are no surprises. I'm not popular for it and have been chewed out by several of my collegues because they could've made a deal by "throwing something in" or "giving it to someone at cost", but that wouldn't be fair.

So, if you want to see what a dealership website is suppoed to look like with properly posted Pure Prices, visit mine at www.scionofames.com.

It sucks when I have to be unpopular!

-Alex
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
827 Posts
grizzly_choppers said:
So, sorry to be the bad guy, but the "stealership" thing really pisses me off ESPECIALLY when talking about Scion accessories. I spend a large portion of each day ensuring that my dealership lives up to the Pure Price model. I do it so that every customer we have is treated the same way and there are no surprises. I'm not popular for it and have been chewed out by several of my collegues because they could've made a deal by "throwing something in" or "giving it to someone at cost", but that wouldn't be fair.

-Alex
I dont think youre the bad guy or unpopular, if you are fair, then I feel quite the contrary. My local dealer is a "stealership" because their prices dont match what they actually charge. I already contacted Scion about them because they list their prices to be the same as the scion book, and then charge something totally different. I meant nothing toward any other dealer than mine. If I had known then what I know now, I would have went to the next closest dealership. I went in to the parts counter to get an armrest, and the guy tried to charge me over $150, when their site had it listed with Scion's price.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,893 Posts
The dealerships here charge their posted prices PLUS installation!!!!


AUGH! I guess they are ripping ppl off!
 
1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top