Scion xB Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Everyone! I am a new member to this club. Yesterday, I drove to work and parked the car in the office parking lot. I went back to the car to find a dead battery. :( There was a ticking noise coming from the dashboard. When I turned the key in the ignition the lights on the dashboard began to flash. All the lights were turned off, however, I do have alarm. The alarm was installed by the dealer. I was told by the dealer that the car had gone into stress because of the low battery. The car is less than a month old. Does anyone have any ideas on how to prevent this problem? Has anyone else had this problem?

·
TheOtherGuys
7,988 Posts
Not sure, did you leave your lights on, maybe dome light. That is probably the only thing that will run the battery down while unattended.

·
Super Moderator
16,213 Posts
IIRC, doesn't the dome light turn off automatically after a while if the door/doors are left open? Could be discharging somehow, any changes to your audio system? Or the battery could just be tired, I remember new cars at the dealership I worked at having low or dead batteries. The service techs told me it was from hot days/cold nights that caused them to discharge, or not be able to hold a charge.

I'm not sure in your case, but if you box is not that old, they need/should replace it imo. Good luck! :)

·
Registered
144 Posts
dtrain619 said:
IIRC, doesn't the dome light turn off automatically after a while if the door/doors are left open? Could be discharging somehow, any changes to your audio system? Or the battery could just be tired, I remember new cars at the dealership I worked at having low or dead batteries. The service techs told me it was from hot days/cold nights that caused them to discharge, or not be able to hold a charge.

I'm not sure in your case, but if you box is not that old, they need/should replace it imo. Good luck! :)
Yeah the Dome Light turns off after a while, I was installing my Stereo at night outside and it shut off on me a couple times with the door wide open, I had to keep closing and opening it to get it to stay on ;)
If you were local (Seattle area) I would give you my stock battery it's only 2 months old, I've got a Gel Cell Battery to put in whenever I get off my Lazy ass and do it.....:rolleyes:

·
Super Moderator
16,213 Posts
DJ Unknown said:
Yeah the Dome Light turns off after a while, I was installing my Stereo at night outside and it shut off on me a couple times with the door wide open, I had to keep closing and opening it to get it to stay on ;)
If you were local (Seattle area) I would give you my stock battery it's only 2 months old, I've got a Gel Cell Battery to put in whenever I get off my Lazy ass and do it.....:rolleyes:
Now there's a thought! Just upgrade, maybe an Optima battery. Better performance than stock from what I've heard.

·
Registered
43 Posts
if the car is less than a month old, i'd be on the dealers ass to find out what the problem is. i want to do some more lighting upgrades and thro in a bigger sub, then i want to upgrade to the optima battery

·
Registered
144 Posts
dtrain619 said:
Now there's a thought! Just upgrade, maybe an Optima battery. Better performance than stock from what I've heard.
I just put my Optima Gel Cell in 1000 Cranking Amps!!
That's definately the ticket!!!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.