Scion xB Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
352 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
just installed the DCS stainless steel header offered from ebay.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/03-0...052694661QQcategoryZ33631QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

install time about 35 minutes. with hand and air tools. also had a rack.
mounts up smooth no leaks. sounds pretty good, it did give the exhaust an opened up sound imho. powerband there is a little more bottom end when i mash the pedal down. all in all i say for 60 bux not freaking bad at all.
ill get some pictures of it installed tomorrow

·
Registered
827 Posts
I was looking at those, but was afraid to try it. Are you running stock exhaust with it? If so, does it make the sound considerably louder out of the tailpipe, or just resonating through the tubes? Cool man, thanks for the info!

·
Registered
352 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i have an axleback exhaust. with a magnaflow. stock resonator. louder over all. sorta cleans up some of the "**** sound"?

for something so cheap. i see nothing wrong with it. welds arent perfect, but hold it together well. direct bolt on. only thing you need are two lock nuts. which you can get anywhere. sixe M10-1.25 if interested

·
Nor*Cal's Most Hated
3,841 Posts
I hope it works out for you. The pic looks good.

But the description says:

DC-S 4-1 Ceramic Coated header .
OEM quality. CNC Machine Flinges.
LightWeight Designed. Increase 12HP.
02 Sensor insert. Direct fit .
Its polished in the picture.

Its lightweight compared to what? The header is not that big compared to a V-8 header, and 12 hp!?! C'mon now, w/ a SC maybe.

And an O2 sensor fitting!?! There is no O2 sensor in the xB exhaust mainfold!

·
Registered
352 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
aye. bunch of crap hes saying huh? i bought from a different seller that what i found. all that its a bunch of bullsh*t. its polished stainless steel. 4-1 header. its a tad lighter than the stock manifold. there is no 02 sensor thing. 12hp? yea right, but prolly estimate like 2ish?

·
Nor*Cal's Most Hated
3,841 Posts
Are there welds inside the primary tubes at the flange? I know there's prolly welds on the outisde, but if there aren't any on the inside you may want to check for exhaust leaks down the road.

But then again, I'm not expert, and certainly don't know squat about Scions.

Heck, I blew up a Turbonetics T-4 today.

·
Registered
1,367 Posts
Man that is weird, I was about to post about this header. I saw some of teh same headers on ebay for $70 plus shipping. $34 plus shipping is much better about $70 total. The ebay listing does say it used the stock o2 sensor positition. This along with the YDR cold air Super Jere posted about, I should see some sort of gain, im hopeing for better gas millage not more speed. Any gain is an improvement. The problem is I have to do this on 2 cars.

·
mertechperformance
1,478 Posts
goldenarches69 said:
i have that header with an injen sri and axle back and it just sounds good i guess. no power gains i would imagine
you have at least 5 hp(min) with that combo

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.