Scion xB Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
311 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
anyone tried it? if so.. can i get some pictures? thanks!

·
Registered
368 Posts
I got one, more than tried it, still wear it.

Let me get my camera, where ever it is, or whom ever has it and will figure out how to post a pic or 2.

·
Registered
311 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Frogbox said:
I got one, more than tried it, still wear it.

Let me get my camera, where ever it is, or whom ever has it and will figure out how to post a pic or 2.
thx.. any power from it? was it worth the money?

·
Registered
762 Posts
been rocking one for a while. i like it

·
Registered
131 Posts
I was rocking the DC sports header before I went turbo...it was definitely a decent gain when paired up with an exhaust and intake.

·
Nor*Cal's Most Hated
3,841 Posts
Simplyscion said:
I was rocking the DC sports header before I went turbo...it was definitely a decent gain when paired up with an exhaust and intake.
Yep, same as Vito. When used in conjunction w/ an intake and exhaust, whether catback or axleback, it works.

·
Registered
149 Posts
had it, then got rid of it. couldn't stand that whiney/fluttery pitch that the DC caused.

Ofcourse on the drive home with the stock header in place, it felt like I was using 50 octane. kinda sludgy.

But getting 325 to the tank again has made it work it.

xb1013 has my old headers... maybe he had better luck with them.

·
Registered
121 Posts
if your interested, i'm selling my DC sport header. Its been on my XB for about a year, and is in perfect condition. PM if your intrested.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Local Boy said:
had it, then got rid of it. couldn't stand that whiney/fluttery pitch that the DC caused.

Ofcourse on the drive home with the stock header in place, it felt like I was using 50 octane. kinda sludgy.

But getting 325 to the tank again has made it work it.

xb1013 has my old headers... maybe he had better luck with them.
I thought it gives you less back pressure which increases your MPG? or does having it on just make you wanna race it around?

·
Registered
762 Posts
it'll make you want to race around, and reducing backpressure to a point reduces your horespower/torque i believe

·
Registered
1,197 Posts
excitebox said:
it'll make you want to race around, and reducing backpressure to a point reduces your horespower/torque i believe
I think its only if you go 2 1/2 inches or more with a cat back and huge tip. Once you get out of the 2" relm of exhaust, it's basically all for noise and no power for the small xB enigine. Thats why I stick w/ my TRD exhaust. JMO though

·
Registered
762 Posts
thats also the reason i opted for a axleback cannister muffler instead of a full cat-back or custom piping... with my I/H/E i have enough power gain to make me happy, and the sound is great!

·
Registered
149 Posts
MonsterMotor Works SRI, DC headers, manifold back custom bent 2" exhaust, high flow cat, to an Apex i N1 4" turbo canister. To be honest, the low end just sucked butt, but in 4th and 5th, I was running it at WOT just shy of 6k rpm ALL the time.

I kept the intake, stock headers again, and changed the muffler back to the stock TRD style. I also went from 18's back to 15's. Better ride, better mileage, and less exhaust noise. That turbo canister on a NA reduced backpressure and torque to nil.

·
Registered
311 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
just a quick question..

anyone have fitment problems with the DC Sports Header for the 06 XB.. if not.. i shall order mine TODAY :)

Thanks guys!

·
Registered
311 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
quick question to you guys.. is there any headers for the 06.5 model xB? CARB legal.. thanks!

·
Registered
657 Posts
xfLipm0d3x said:
quick question to you guys.. is there any headers for the 06.5 model xB? CARB legal.. thanks!

There are no headers that are CARB legal for the scions, BUT the monstermotorworks header has the bolt locations for the stock heatshield, so no one has to know that you have one on. :D

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.