Scion xB Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
DAMN im excited!! my Perrin Pulley bought from wesellcarparts.com at a great price! is being delivered to my house as i type! My S-techs bought from sciongeneration.com will be delivered tomorrow and my DC headers were ordered yesterday through lastlookcutoms.com at a great price! AND Front drilled and slotted rotors from Cquence motorsports, again at an amazing price, which i will be picking up tomorrow. All this was funded with my tax return, and i have high hopes on installing the pulley and springs tomorrow night after my relaxing round of Golf. Ill take pix of as much shiznit as i can. Did i mention i was EXCITED?!?!

·
Registered
552 Posts
sounds like you have some garage time in your near future

Congrads on the new parts and get some pics up when done

cheers

·
Registered Abuser
1,570 Posts
ahhhh yea! shopping spree. how i miss those days.

sounds like your gonna be having some fun in the garage. let us know how it turns out.

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
well i plan on installing the pulley and springs saturday night at my friends house, since hes got the air compressor and goodies like that. I can get the headers done myself, though i read that its a very vigorating process with the spring loaded bolts. And the rotors i can do in my sleep. I will also be painting my calipers red when i swap out my rotors, and install some new oem brake pads.

·
Yakima Rack God
433 Posts
nice list of mods. Just heed this warning. Watch your rotors closely, slotted combined with crossdrilling have a tendency to crack. Not saying that yours will, but please be careful with them. oh, and post some pics.

·
I am Sofa King We Todd Ed
3,453 Posts
Sounds good man!! Do you have a 5spd? sounds like we have the same mods minus the s-techs and slotted rotors.

It's too bad we're too far away, or we could go to the track and get some drag racin goin! LOL

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
timfiredog: thanks for the warning, i have read up on something about drilled and slotted rotors cracking, and im not worried about it becuase ferraris and lambos have them factory, but then again those are a quarter million dollar vehicles.

Boombox: yea mines a 5 speed. Wouldnt have any other tranny unless its a luxury car, like a benz or some shiznit. Id definately be down to drag if you were local, maybe if you come down to cali we can give it a try.

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Update****** i got my Tein S-techs via FEDEX on Saturday, and i just got my Cquence rotors dropped off today. Somehow my Perrin Pulley is MIA. Fedex put a trace on it, and if i dont receive by thursday i need to file a claim. My DC header shipped and should arrive on thursday. Will take pix as soon as i get everything.

·
Registered
1,222 Posts
Don't even worry about cracking your rotors. Unless you run your car on the track a lot, slotted and drilled will be fine. It's the intense heat caused by heavy braking over and over on the track which can cause the rotor to crack...

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks for the post, i still havent received my Perrin Pulley, looks like FeDEX lost it. Im going to file a claim on thursday like they told me to if i dont get it. My DC header is enroute, i should be gettin that tomorrow, unless FEDEX decides to lose that too. Other than that i picked up some new OEM brake pads from toyota, since my uncle works there as a mechanic he hooked it up. Today i am going to go buy some caliper paint and install the rotors. Ill post pix around 9pm ish.

·
Registered
183 Posts
man...Im sorry about your pulley. Im excited for you as well, since im in a similar situation.....I just recieved my pulley today, and should have my tanabe exhaust on Monday. I love income tax returns. Good luck with your install.;)

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Well i received my DC header today via Fedex. So far i have the Tein S techs, Cquence slotted/drilled front rotors, and DC Header sitting in my gayrage.

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Ok i finally got my rotors installed and painted my calipers. *nevermind the curb rash(i bought them that way) or the black shiet on the middle of the rotors, theres a story behind everything.

·
I am Sofa King We Todd Ed
3,453 Posts
Looks good! I love purchasing used parts. If by the right person, they're just as good as new. Just like my header....and muffler....and camber shims....technically the intake was used as it's a prototype for the models out now....umm......gee, i have a lot of previously used parts on my ride.

Get us pics asap with the other goodies!!

·
Registered Abuser
1,570 Posts
lol HOLY WHEEL GAP BATMAN get those springs in there STAT. everything should look and perform alot better when your finished. good list of mods. im still envious of the headers everyones getting but me. OHH WHOA LIFE IS ME ON THE POOR STREET. thats ok tho. ill get it one day.

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 · (Edited)
thanks for the replies.

**BOOMBOX**The rotors were pruchased brand new. The story is that i mounted them in reverse, so the right rotor was on the left and vice versa. Then i realized that the brake dust was collecting in the slots and wasnt being expelled so i switched them. That explains the used look and the black stuff on the hub which is from the hub of my rims.

**Gargamel** I actually have Tein S-techs sitting in my garage waiting to be installed. i will probably install them saturday morning.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.