Scion xB Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay, I finally got the header installed. After reading a bunch on the tis site and others, I drew the conclusion that a 4-2-1 header would be better for the low end, so that's what I ordered, but the Dc header that was installed is a 4-1, which Iguess adds a bit to the top end. Then, I read that the only 4-2-1 made for the xB is the MMW header....

But that's okay...

The header makes the engine compartment area sound louder, and unless my ears are wrong,the exhaust also sounds louder, albeit a bit deeper. I also "believe" that throttle response is better.....but that is just a feeling.

Here's my big revelation though..............

When I first saw the aftermarket headers on the net, the pictures made them look like these huge, tubular things...huge huge huge.....but then I saw the box that the DC came in.......small................the header was small, flacid, and underwhelming.......I guess because the stock heat shield hides the stock unit, so I never really paid much attention to its size.

But the ceramic finish is cool.................the polished ones must look even better.

Also, part of the install says to stick an EO sticker under the hood. The sticker does have a number.....

·
I am Sofa King We Todd Ed
3,453 Posts
I don't live in california.....Teehee, no worries on those numbers for me.... Let us know if you get it on a dyno if it improves anything.

·
Registered
16 Posts
The DC Sports header is my favorite mod so far. The engine revs nice and smooth all the way up to max rpms. It is a noticable power increase, especially in the low end. I think it is well worth it and makes my car that much more fun to drive.

·
Registered
76 Posts
I'm currently running the MMW header, but I was running the DC before that. When I put the DC on I didn't notice much of a difference on my xB except the noise, but after installing the MMW I noticed both low and high end improvements and a little more noise.

All in all, I'd say that the MMW is the better header, and you can bolt the stock heat sheld back on to make it look stock...hehe

Just ny 2 cents

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Update: more observations..

I want to ask...........does the header make things louder? I swear that the noise level while driving is double of what i was before! between 50 and 70 mhp.....WAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

When I am stopped at idle, car in drive, something in the rear of the car, I'm thinking the exhaust, makes a rattling noise.

oh the woes..........more noise!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
144 Posts
Faster toaster or quieter ride?
decisions decisions!!!
how about...faster toaster and louder stereo!!! yeah that will work!!!

·
Registered
1,197 Posts
I am going for the MMW header, but I'm not gonna sit there and preach that it really gave me 11 HP, like the dyno says it did. That is completly impossible to get out of the 1nz motor just from a header. You might get 7 to the flywheel but only 3 or 4 to the wheels, or should I say wheel. If you add a header, you need not go any bigger than 2" piping for your exhaust. Anything bigger, and all you'll get is loudness w/o power. SAY NO TO CAT BACK EXHAUSTS FOR THE XB!!!!!!! :p

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.