Scion xB Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
lol... anways... had anyone here completly taken out thier dash and pu tit back together... i heard somone say that thier airbag light woulent turn off after that and i wanted to see if its true... bcus i was planning on sanding and painting my dash

·
TheOtherGuys
7,988 Posts
Dealer can shut the light off, it will only come on if you turn the key on with the bag disconnected.

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
they wont try and be @$$holes about it will they? do you know what it is that they do? bcus if they just shut it off with the diagnossis computer then i can just have my dad do it

·
Registered
974 Posts
If you take you dash off and paint all of it white I will come over and personally kick your ass! :p

·
TheOtherGuys
7,988 Posts
If you paint it white, it will annoy the **** out of you! When you look out the window all you will see is it's reflection. I have done white dash parts in my ex's civic and it was annoying, I could only imagine how the whole dash would distract you.

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
lol... no i was actually thinking black sand pearl thankyou very much! i know abotu the white bc i painted my speedo sourround white... it was annoyin to see the reflection at first but now im used to it and dont notice it

·
Registered
24 Posts
Flecs said:
lol... no i was actually thinking black sand pearl thankyou very much! i know abotu the white bc i painted my speedo sourround white... it was annoyin to see the reflection at first but now im used to it and dont notice it
What and how would you paint it?? Spray paint? Would it require some sort of primer??
-The Mimf, cruising in her RS3 and thinking about adding green to the interior now....

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
first it would have to be completly taken out and the texture sanded off... then primer paint and clear... and i would have it professionaly painted. but i would do alll the sanding and prep work... no need to waste money to have them do it when ican just as easily

·
Registered
974 Posts
Trust me, you DO NOT want to get rid of the texture. If you get rid of the texture AND paint it gloss black you will see EVERY single finger print and it will drive you insane!

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
i know man... its cool... i want it smooth and beautiful

·
Registered
194 Posts
you might want to check around, there is prolly someone making the dash out of CF or FG... just a thought.

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
yeah i seen that thing they were suposedy going to sell at OTG... but with my budget i needa go DIY... lol and i hate emo

·
mertechperformance
1,478 Posts
there are cf/fg door panels , and there was a cf/fg dash in the works none were anywhere near remotely cheap and to the best of my understanding the das's never got made/aren't done yet.

·
Registered
2,335 Posts
Mimfy said:
What and how would you paint it?? Spray paint? Would it require some sort of primer??
-The Mimf, cruising in her RS3 and thinking about adding green to the interior now....
Krylon fusion...theres a guy on my mazda site that took his dash out and it looks like he took it to a paint shop.
Not a real good pic, but you can see how good it looks.

·
Registered
322 Posts
Firmware has one in the works according to their site.

·
Registered
201 Posts
does anyone know about scratches and stuff on the dash for leaving items on it. i got my xB like in may and it scrtches when i put a cd or so on there.. does anyone know what is the dash made out of?

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.