Scion xB Forum banner
41 - 48 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have a 2004 Scion xB that's been doing the same thing after troubleshooting everything come to find out when they get older and the cold the condenser inside the dash itself is bad once they heat up then everything starts working again.. you can go online and buy a 110 PC kit and change it and it will work at least it did with mine

·
Registered
1 Posts
my dome is on door setting and it does not blink during this. headlights are not blinking, fogs do not blink, parking lights are not blinking, climate control lights do not blink......just dead gas, tach and speedo with speedo light blinking if lights are on parking or headlight. clock/trip is same...only blinking if parking or headlights on. the red maintenance light flashes during this whether parking or headlights are off or on. Then after a minute or three the flashing stops, maintenance light gone and speedo,gas and rpm back working. the flashing does not affect driving in any way either. I just took off with it doing it's thing and less than a mile away, flashing stopped and gauges working. It is always dark when I leave in the morning so lights are on leaving house and fogs too.
It's a cold weather warmup thing. Should go away after warmup.

·
Registered
05 silver stick
206 Posts
oh great,another issue to look forward to ! LOL
it hasn't happened to me yet
instinct and experience tells me grounds or a bad connector right off
just had similar problems in a friends chevy van a few months ago
and it was the dash ground rusted out.
a temp sensitive component makes sense

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have a 2004 Scion xB that's been doing the same thing after troubleshooting everything come to find out when they get older and the cold the condenser inside the dash itself is bad once they heat up then everything starts working again.. you can go online and buy a 110 PC kit and change it and it will work at least it did with mine
Did you replace a CAPACITOR on the clock/dash circuit board????? Which one? how??

·
Registered
2 Posts

Hi do you have some more details .-- do you have a link for the 110 PC kit you are mentioning
Thanks
d

41 - 48 of 48 Posts