Scion xB Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
308 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I wanted to find out what people have done with the 4" in dash. I have replaced mine with two way and don't like the sound. Or have members just taken them out?My system in the car is a six channel setup.

Paul

·
Registered
1,593 Posts
I actually have it set up so the door speaks are the mid fill and the dash are my highs and vocals. I do have highs on the doors too, but they dont put out as much as the dash.

·
Regular abUser
2,945 Posts
Yeah I recently replaced all speakers in the box and got 4" 2-ways for dash, 6 1/2 4-ways for the doors, and 5 1/4 3-ways for the rear. I'm still using the OEM radio so I had to install ohm resisters on the dash speakers so they wouldn't try to overpower the door speakers. Got info from Thomas through this thread.
http://www.clubxb.com/forums/f23/4449-does-anyone-know-what-size-make/?highlight=ohms
I'm not even sure if this helps you or not, but it helped me.
Thanks Thomas

·
Registered
172 Posts
By running 4 inch 4 ohm speakers in your dash and stock or aftermarket 4 ohm speakers in the doors, you will be presenting your factory radio with a 2 ohm load on the front speaker outputs. It's not designed to run at that low of an impedance. Although it has a MosFET 22 watt RMS per channel amplifier chip built in, it will still fry under that ohm load after a while. Best to use a small amp for that application or a cheaper alternative.... Resistors to rasie the ohm load presented to the stock radio. Of course you can run it the way you want to... It's your radio.

·
Registered
308 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for the input but it is an aftermarket radio. I think I'm not going to use the dash speakers. And just add to the center channel.

·
Registered
2,860 Posts
be creative. this is still my fave. really good work. I use tweeters in the dash with the 6 inch in the door. Good speakers image well and mine do just that. There is more than trying to add bigger speakers in the dash to get more volume or make the audio louder. even kick drums reflect off the windshield.

·
x2 da b
327 Posts
factory dash speakers are tweeters actually. if you want really good sound i recommend a good set of component speakers with the cross over. i went with a polk momo speaker set up and they sound amazingly clear and polk momo 6x9 in the rear in a custom set up.:)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.