Scion xB Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2005 Scion XB, at start up the dash lights flash, nothing works, the speedometer or gas gauge. The car runs fine and after about 15 miles or so the dash begins to work as normal. Any suggestions on what it could be is greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
1,015 Posts
from what I have experienced with mine doing it......happens only when it is under 40 degrees in the morning and stops when I buckle my seatbelt. As far as what the actual cause is.....lots of speculation about corroded ground points and battery issues but no real answers. I don't live in winter areas where roads get salted, car has no corrosion or rust issues and has brand new battery with volt gauge on 12.5 with key on acc after sitting overnight, 14.0 upon startup and stays at 13.8 after car is warmed up. car has no other issues or codes and runs just fine when ignoring the flashing. Ongoing mystery at this point with bunch of people having same issue. There is another thread about it on here.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I just posted my story about this in the other thread. Mine is not temp related I live in south Florida and happened in 80 degree weather. Eventually the gauges always stayed at zero

1 - 4 of 4 Posts