Scion xB Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well I just found out that the AEM intakes sold by the dealers are not CA state legal and is still pending Legality, also there are two types of AEM intakes the AEM toyota Dealer intake.... another thing The Toyota dealer AEM intake is CA state legal....so now i have to go through and put my damn stock one back on so that i could pass state ref...:mad:

·
mertechperformance
1,478 Posts
the dealership aem intake with the bypass is carb legal , the aftermarket "L" pipe aem is not.

·
Registered
1,197 Posts
NVSHSKR said:
Your car should not be smogged for five years from when it was new. Why are you going to the ref? Fix-it ticket?
iS IT 5 YRS NOW :confused: I thought it was still only 2 yrs:confused: Please tell me this is true so I can run a turbo set up. Quick off topic ?. Does anyone know if the Greddy comes with an EO#?

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
yea i got a fix it ticket and the jack ass decided to look for the EO sticker on the intake since he couldnt get me on anything else

·
mertechperformance
1,478 Posts
if there's a carb placard it's legal. i dunno where you guys are hearing about this AND

except for a minute few models which can get a trd supercharger there is NO "toyota carb"

and exhaust systems (behind the catalytic converter) are not regulated by carb.

scion's trd exhaust does not come with any type of carb because exhaust systems are not carb juristined(made that up) aka under carbs jurisdiction. a state ref is the only person who can certify a certain type of noise/exhaust system citation though.

can I see some sort of ca air resources board or ca smog write up and parts of the vehicle code which state that any non car manufacturer carb placard is no longer valid?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.