Scion xB Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need advise on what to do to get on how to get a cylinder unstuck in my engine for a 05

·
Registered
25 Posts
a cylinder does not move, except in a rotary engine. clearly you should not be attempting anything mechanical beyond opening a door. stick to creating fake memberships to feign a favorable response to the site redesign.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
a cylinder does not move, except in a rotary engine. clearly you should not be attempting anything mechanical beyond opening a door. stick to creating fake memberships to feign a favorable response to the site redesign.
I meant to put valve so instead of being a disrespectful pos maybe you should consider reading a book because i can defiantly tell you not a wise person at all

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I meant to put valve so instead of being a disrespectful pos maybe you should consider reading a book because i can defiantly tell you not a wise person at all
Im just trying to figure out what i can do to get my VALVE unstuck

·
Registered
25 Posts
remove the engine's cylinder head, remove the valve lifters, remove the valve spring seat, soak the stuck valve's stem with lubricant, press or tap out the stuck valve, remove old valve seat, install new valve seat, mic the valve and replace if necessary, reassemble. there are typical valve train accouterments to be removed and reinstalled or replaced. in your case, take the car to a mechanic, definitely. (or, as you stated, defiantly)

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
remove the engine's cylinder head, remove the valve lifters, remove the valve spring seat, soak the stuck valve's stem with lubricant, press or tap out the stuck valve, remove old valve seat, install new valve seat, mic the valve and replace if necessary, reassemble. there are typical valve train accouterments to be removed and reinstalled or replaced. in your case, take the car to a mechanic, definitely. (or, as you stated, defiantly)
Autocorrect got me im useing my phone for this

·
Registered
25 Posts
got it! good luck with the engine issue. I hope it turns out to be minor and not an expensive repair. the 1.5 liter is a good design, and if the problem is with the variable valve timing feature, maybe it can be corrected without dismantling the engine.

·
Registered
2,633 Posts
Another option would be to purchase a used cylinder head from a junk yard. If a valve is stuck, it could be a bent valve. Do you know for sure that the valve is stuck?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts