Scion xB Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
bB Squad son!
678 Posts
It's trimming the fender down a bit so they can use wider rims without rubbing. In most cases, people just roll the fenders, but some people choose to cut them.

·
ClubxB's OG Member
22,258 Posts
another way without rolling the fenders.

is that Dion?

·
Super Moderator
16,213 Posts
That would be correct, Johnny. The 504's (with the OTG spacer still in place) was just clipping the rim protector on the tires. Don't have access to a roller, and not patient enough for the baseball bat. And as far as a hammer is concerned... not on my fenders!!

It actually worked out well (thanks to working in the aviation repair field at one time), just a little touch-up paint and voila!

·
TheOtherGuys
7,988 Posts
I need to do mine, the 501's and stockers are rubbing about halfway down into the GOODYEAR lettering, And in fender well right above the sideskirts.

Attachments

·
TheOtherGuys
7,988 Posts
Looks like you got a little squirrely with the cut-off wheel, you think you could of used a little tape for protection? Your getting brave in your old age! LOL ;)

·
Super Moderator
16,213 Posts
Looks like you got a little squirrely with the cut-off wheel, you think you could of used a little tape for protection? Your getting brave in your old age! LOL ;)
You would be the one to notice, perfectionist! :p

Yeah, a couple of nicks. But all on the underside.

·
TheOtherGuys
7,988 Posts
So, i'm hoping you haven't rubbed since you cut it off.?

·
TheOtherGuys
7,988 Posts
Sweet Dion, this might be my next mod.

·
Super Moderator
16,213 Posts
Well I know yours will come out ultra clean! Wish I had thought about the tape.

*Note to self - Always consult Chris before attacking the body of my car*

·
TheOtherGuys
7,988 Posts
Well, the tape would of helped incase of accidental slippage of grinder to outer quarter panel.

·
TheOtherGuys
7,988 Posts
I love that show, seems like everytime I run across it there's boobies. Well, blurred boobies. :)

·
Registered
2,042 Posts
damn....should of taken the cut wheel out on mine instead of paying someone to roll and crack the hell out of the paint. Good job!!! Not much chipping...at least nothing a quick touch up won't fix.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.