Scion xB Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So since i no longer have a warranty i was considering geting a custom exhaust, so what do i need to ask for?? (other than2.25" mandral bent piping) i really like the idea of magnaflow but i dont know what type of muffler because i dont want a ***** fart can. i also have a dc sports header if that makes a difference. do i need a resonater?

·
Registered
1,367 Posts
Is 2.25" too much for this little motor? Whats the pipe size at the collector of that header? What ever that is go with that, Im no expert so take it for what its worth, not much .02 cents maybe a nickle. :D

·
Registered
2,042 Posts
I've got 2 1/4" piping with no issues. I talked with numeous exhaust shops about exactly what I wanted, and their opinion on pipe size /back pressure with this engine before buying. They all agreed that I'd keep enough pressure to do good instead of harm as for as performance goes. In my opinion don't spend the extra money to get the pipes mandral bent unless you plan on some kind of forced induction. As far as HP or performance goes you won't feel the difference of mandral bent pipes on our engines with the standard performance mods. I've got an 18" magnaflow resonator on my system becasue I wanted the exhaust to be as quiet as possible. Depending on what type of sound your after you can either keep the stock, change the size, or take it off completely. Magnaflow mufflers in general seem to provide a quiet, but deep tone to our cars compared to other systems out there. Once again we don't know what type of sound you're looking for. All this info is based off my experience, so take it as you will. Some other people might want to chime in also to provide more info on what I've stated.

I've got 2 1/4" piping cat back (cut right after the O2 sensor), 18" magnaflow resonator, single in dual out magnaflow muffler, and 4 inch tips. I love the sound as it's deep, but not loud/ annoying.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.