Scion xB Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
974 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I have started doing design work for CNC machined parts. I would like to offer this service to everyone.

Basically I'm talking about making misc. bits and pieces for your cars. You supply me with the stock item or if I have one I will get some measurements off that and I can make you just about anything you want....

So examples of parts I'm thinking of.....
Shift knobs
Pedal sets
Dead Pedals
Badges
Instrument cluster and dash trim
Door sills
Grilles
Battery hold downs
License Plate Frames
Engine accent pieces
Pulleys (under-drive, over-drive, and stock sizes)
And misc. engine bay parts

I can also get these parts anodized just about any color you want. I'm even looking into plating options.

Most items I will work with will be in aluminum, but other metals and plastics can be used.

If you are interested in these kinds of services/items, get in touch with me and I can design what you need and get you quotes on parts.

For faster response, e-mail me..... [email protected]

·
Registered
974 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
sid said:
man, if you can make vacuum metalizing(plastic) for really cheap, i'll send you a lot of my stuff.
What is vacuum metalizing? And what parts do you want that done to? I ask because maybe I can machine aluminum replacement pieces.

·
Registered
974 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
sid said:
its chroming plastics., i want like the inside door handle, the lock thingy that pops up and down, the shifter oval thingy and small stuff that can be chromed.
I'm looking into making replacements for those out of aluminum. Aluminum can be anodized or polished and even powedercoated.

Stay posted.

·
Banned
528 Posts
This would be great and cost effective for dash replacement. I would like one replaced with matching Envy Green. Maybe even replacing the rear windsheild wiper with an matching alluminum plug

·
TheOtherGuys
7,988 Posts
I would buy a nice simple battery tie down. No engraving, just nice plain billet with a couple lines milled through it.

·
Registered
974 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Padanky said:
I would buy a nice simple battery tie down. No engraving, just nice plain billet with a couple lines milled through it.
You got it.

Shoot me a PM and we can talk about it some more.

·
TheOtherGuys
7,988 Posts
Something like my strut tower bar.

A raised edge with a few counter sunk holes.

Attachments

·
Registered
974 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Padanky said:
Something like my strut tower bar.

A raised edge with a few counter sunk holes.
That will be easy. Give me a day or two to design it and I'll PM you with a price and an estimate on about how long it will take to make/ship it to you.

·
TheOtherGuys
7,988 Posts
ctruss said:
That will be easy. Give me a day or two to design it and I'll PM you with a price and an estimate on about how long it will take to make/ship it to you.
Polished, three holes centered. Or one hole on one end and the long hole to the other end.

·
Registered
974 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Padanky said:
Polished, three holes centered. Or one hole on one end and the long hole to the other end.
Ok. I'll look at the options based on how long the part is. I'll try to put a slot down the middle, if it looks better with just three holes I'll do that.

I'll show you a drawing of it and discuss a price once I get it drawn up.

·
TheOtherGuys
7,988 Posts
ctruss said:
Ok. I'll look at the options based on how long the part is. I'll try to put a slot down the middle, if it looks better with just three holes I'll do that.

I'll show you a drawing of it and discuss a price once I get it drawn up.
Good deal, whenever is fine.

·
Registered
112 Posts
how about a strut brace like the one padanky has but with bB machined in the center. and a battery tie down to mach. pm me a price thanks

·
Registered
8,923 Posts
sid said:
its chroming plastics., i want like the inside door handle, the lock thingy that pops up and down, the shifter oval thingy and small stuff that can be chromed.
Sid, you sure got a lot of "thingy's" in your Box!

·
Registered
8,923 Posts
sid said:
lol!!! i don't know what to call them thingy:D
man, things not going well:(
What's up Sid? Anything I can do?

·
Egistered Ruser
1,227 Posts
damn, I'm doing the wrong CNC work :\ All the CNC designing and routing I do is for wood. Unless I'm making a woody, it does me no good :p

what machines are you running ctruss? how many axis?

1 - 20 of 39 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.