Scion xB Forum banner

What to do next?

• Custom fiberglass sub box, 4 channel amp, and speaker upgrades

Votes: 3 60.0%
  • Car-PC, with navi, DVD, MP3, and all those other PC percs.

Votes: 2 40.0%
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Sup fellow xB cruisers. I wanted to post pics of my custom made sub enclosure and the install.

This is the begining, after the cutting of the wood of course.

Here is after I put the top on.

After the Fabric is glued on.

The amp plate is in place. :cool: :cool: :) :cool:

The wires I used.

Installed with seat down, and up.

There we go with the install of the custom box in my camo Box. By the way, the pics dont lie that the amp is yet to be hooked up. Im getting a subplug2 from gordon in the AM. He is awesome with quickness of responses and shipping.

·
Registered
8,923 Posts
Nice job. Looks like a good fit in the back.

·
Registered
352 Posts
A+ for effort but I dont like how it doesnt contour to the shape of cargo floor. It just leaves big gaps on the side. Something like this would look cleaner:

·
Registered
2,042 Posts
^^^That's almost exactly what I had in mine for mine. Found any pics with the lid open?

·
Registered
23 Posts
A+ for effort but I dont like how it doesnt contour to the shape of cargo floor. It just leaves big gaps on the side. Something like this would look cleaner:

I plan on doin somethin like that for my second attemp. This is my first try at box making, and it didnt turn out exactly as I had hoped, but was a great learning experience. I plan on doing a fiberglass enclosure soon, just need to get some more money and supplies. Maybe next month.... :D

·
Registered
352 Posts
Thats the Elemental Designs amp enclosure. It only holds two amps underneath the cover. It can easily be modified to fit a sub also.

This is cover open:

This is some of there work in my buddy's xA:

Just tell Chris @ Elemental Designs that B1rd sent you...

·
Registered Abuser
1,570 Posts
that box came out really nice. theres alot of nice work going around these days. its hard to 'keep up with the jonses'

hows this for form fitting?
its still kinda unfinished

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Re: Custom Box build/install update.

Here is an update on my install. I took more pics, so Boom put the trident away. I got my subplug 2 today in the mail, after a slight confusion on the delivery address. I forgot to take pics of that part, sorry boom.
So let’s start.
Here is the fuse and hookup to the battery.

I did such a good job on the install I can hardly tell the wires are there (pats self on back) there is only 2 places you can see the wires from the open.

Here is a pic of the amp wired, I don’t know bout you guys, but I can’t really tell it’s wired up at all.

And the other side.

That’s bout it for the amp install. I have a few other pics that I’m posting too.

Better pics of the B

My fuzz buster!

The subs, they are firing away but the cam is too good to get a fuzzy pic of them so I tried to catch some dirt bouncing on them. Didn’t work either.

These are dings from the bastard neighbor; there is one more on the driver’s door.

And his POS!!! AKA, the culprit

And here is my wife’s ride, it’s a 00 Durango.

The engine bay, cover is in the house I’m going to cut out the logos and put a green neon underneath.

Think that’s bout all the pics I have for now. Ill update later.

·
Registered
8,923 Posts
Nice job. Just one little suggestion if I may....wash your engine compartment. Sorry, just one of my pet peeves. :D

·
NO CLUB
369 Posts
since were showing,
here's my pld one, that I de-furred and had painted for my buddy Tim

not the signature in the left corner, then cleared in.
like a dog, i gotta mark my spot.
and the molded in billet randode skull with light up eyes :D

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
LoL, I knew someone was gonna make a comment about the dirty engine bay. I wish mine looked like yours.

I like the fiberglass dude, looks hella tight. Thanks for the props, and info.

·
I am Sofa King We Todd Ed
3,453 Posts
Nay! The Trident never goes away! 'Tis just the way it is! And for that, I demand MORE pics! Yes, yes!!! Guards, stand ready! :D

1 - 20 of 25 Posts