Scion xB Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
454 Posts
Looks super bright. What are you doing exactly? IF you are making them brighter, I'd like to know how you did it. The sonar Halos are super dim. Looking good so far.

·
Registered
373 Posts
dude, that looks amazing. i have the same headlights and love em, but i've always wished that the halos/eyebrow were brighter and that there were 2 halos per headlight instead of just one like it is now. looks sick, now how'd you do it?

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Looks super bright. What are you doing exactly? IF you are making them brighter, I'd like to know how you did it. The sonar Halos are super dim. Looking good so far.
They are actually brighter in person. The stock halo rings are replaced with ccfl tubes which are way brighter. You can contact Tod at retro-solutions.com, he is the one that is doing all the work on my headlights.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
dude, that looks amazing. i have the same headlights and love em, but i've always wished that the halos/eyebrow were brighter and that there were 2 halos per headlight instead of just one like it is now. looks sick, now how'd you do it?
you need to take out the bulbs from the halo and eyebrow part. then you need to get ccfl rings from retro-solutions.com( which is super bright) and put that ring behind the stock halo and install a halo ring in the high beam next install a tube where the brow is and your done. I bet it is harder then it seem, because i didny do it myself i had them done by Todd at retro-solutions.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
http://www.mx6.com/forums/2g-mx6-projects-faq/92243-how-create-angel-halo-eye.html
go there and check out their tutorial...its pretty sick, if u want to make your own rings. i would search froogle for better LED's probably 20,000 mcl LED's
if your actually looking for brighter halo rings I wouldnt recommend this process. The only way you can get them very bright is to use ccfl halo rings. I have a friend that made a set of halo from that exact page and the output kinda sucks since led aint that bright. It looked pretty cool at night but you can really see it in the day time.

·
Registered
454 Posts
I'd like to do it, but I want it blue and that kinda blue might attract the popo. . . I might do it still though. Thanks for the info BTW. Can't wait to see them back on the B and in action.

·
RS4 #303
4,900 Posts
Those are sweet cant wait to see the daylight pics on your car :) :) :cool:

·
Registered
3,463 Posts

·
Registered
3,463 Posts
Looks good, can't wait for the finished pictures!

apparently my boyfriend doesnt know how to update.
so here you go everyone. my headlights finished.

they arent daylight pictures. ill get some later. i just did this at work during my break.

upclose & off.

upclose & on.

far & on.

i wouldve taken it with the high beams but stupid customers came in to buy some pipes.

haha. next time.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.