Scion xB Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
i know theres some good threads on coilovers but im lookin for opinons on two particular ones...

cusco vacanza wagons and zero wagons

what are tha benefits of the z-wagon that when to lower it tha whole strut goes down as well or does tha v-wagons feel just as good and i should just save a couple hundred and go with tha v-wagons??

i read on SL that tha caster changed on their z-wagons is that something that others are experiencing??

i would of went airrunners but coilovers seem more tha practical way to go for me and my driving habits lol

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
ohh and ive seem to only have read there min and max drops but what are they set at out of tha box??

·
bB Squad
4,152 Posts
i myself have the gold vacanza wagons with the camber/pillowball mounts...
i got mine second hand so i can't reallly tell ya how they come out of the box... but they do fell much better than the Tanabe DF210s...
handle very welll....
i very much so recommend Cusco to anyone!!!

·
Registered
612 Posts
The specs are all on the Cusco Japan website. It tells you the height right out of the box (It's around 2" IIRC).

At 3" drop, the Z-wagons ride stiff but smooth, not jerky. It still rides much better than 2" drop springs w/ stock shocks. I would imagine it rides even smoother at just 2" drop. Because of the adjustabe strut body, I would imagine it rides smoother than the Vacanza wagons. I wish it came with adjustable rear shocks though since it's so damn expensive.

The caster thing is true but not too bad if you are not running oversized tires/crazy offsets. Mostly a non-issue really.

One thing I don't really like is the design of the rear spring perch thing; it goes on top of the spring rather than under like most other systems - it's just a little weird. Other than that, it's all good.

IMO, best full system out there for people who want decent handling and relatively comfy ride.

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
i really like how tha z-wagons lower with tha strut but i have 0 offset 002s and tha caster change is getting me worried does tha vacanza wagon do tha same?? is tha degree of caster change enough for me to rub up front??

you guys know where to find these with tha best prices online??

·
Registered
233 Posts
also keep in mind that the first pic taken was right after i put them on and they havent set yet, and the last one i put, i still have a little more than an inch more to drop. when they are all the way down, i cant put my foot under the front lip.

·
Registered
612 Posts
^ Did your rear spring perches make any clunking sounds at first? I couldnt figure it out for a while, but it eventually went away. I also thought it was weird that they go ON TOP of the springs. I wonder if you can flip them?

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
hows install?? could i use hand tools or using an impact wrench is needed??

and about caster again...im assuming tha change is it tilts forward but by how many degress??

·
Registered
233 Posts
stanku, car did not make a sound when i put them on at first. and the reason why the perches go on the top is cuz if you were to put them on the bottom, it wouold raise the springs that extra inch or so with the spacers and adjusting nuts. and mikko, install is rated for intermediate installers, yes you can use hand tools. easy install for me, but not for everyone. and i think you mean camber. mine has adjustable camber, when dropped all teh way, it adds about 2degrees of camber.

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
im getting closer to savin up to get a set n im leaning towards the zero wagons (not the zero-1s)

n since tha front adjust is done with the whole strut body would that mean i would need to remove tha entire coilover to adjust height or can it be done installed on tha car??
ive read that camber adjustment can only be done with tha whole coilover uninstalled for our boxes is that true??
and ive also read that there is a little rattle with uppermounts...will a strut bar help with that??

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.