Scion xB Forum banner
1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I love my scion xb!! BUT, this cupholder is for the dogs. Has anybody found a neat / cheap solution for holding Java in the morning?

Thanks!

·
Registered
135 Posts
i know it doesnt mean much without a pic but give me till the end of the weekend and ill show you what i did ( i mean am doing) :) heavy modding involved tho:D

·
Registered
69 Posts
I don't have a solution - I don't even know what the problem is!

I'm real "old school", working on year 64 here on earth, and when I read cupholder I think of the person sitting in the shotgun seat.

I was amazed that this was the #1 problem on the Powers survey for the 2003 MINI Cooper in the Good Ol' USA when I bought mine. I now see that it is also a "problem" with the Xb buyers also. I don't understand, but then again I don't use a cupholder - I drive, when I want to drink I stop and get one.

·
Registered
1,222 Posts
Front cupholders work great for me, but when I need to hold a taller item, such as an insulated mug, I use the rear cupholder which is built in to my armrest.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
SHOOBOX said:
I don't have a solution - I don't even know what the problem is!

I'm real "old school", working on year 64 here on earth, .... - I drive, when I want to drink I stop and get one.
Ummm thanks for nothing????

Well old school I am happy you are still on this earth. Oh yeah, and welcome to the internet. Anywhoo... Starbucks isn't open any earlier for me to make it to the hospital on time ...AND... "stop for coffee". You see all the 64 year olds in the beds require me to be their earlier and earlier each day. I am happy that you lead such a leisurely lifestyle, I however gotta get to work. I however would like my cup of coffee on the way.

Keep any suggestions coming!

·
Registered
8,923 Posts
DrJWelch said:
Ummm thanks for nothing????

Keep any suggestions coming!
Suggestion one: Respect for your elders?

Suggestion two: Pep Boys sells a cup holder that fits into the stock one on the Box, it is wider and taller at the top. I don't have to use it, my insulated mug stays put just fine in my holder, but I have seen it used in other Boxes. If you're considering going VIP style, try one of the VIP table tops for the passenger side. Very stylish, very useful.

:D

·
Registered
827 Posts
surfcitylocal said:
Suggestion one: Respect for your elders?
^^^^Werd^^^^

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
ChromiumSteel said:
First one to spill coffee in my box is banned! And they know it.

LOL, I agree. I spent a couple hours yesterday detailing. I do not need someone destroying my hard work!! ;)

·
Registered
8,923 Posts
DrJWelch said:
LOL, I agree. I spent a couple hours yesterday detailing. I do not need someone destroying my hard work!! ;)

OK, I've been accused of being anal about my detailing but I don't take my seats out...you Sir are the King! :D

·
Registered
2,611 Posts
Yeah, with a LOT of time on his hands.

I got no problem with the cupholders, and mine are always taken up with mugs and cups galore. In fact I could probably use 3 more cupholders.

I think the problem is that mug manufacturers have been making mugs skinnier because people were complaining that nothing fit into the ever-smaller cupholders in new cars. Now that mugs have gotten skinnier, cars are making them to fit fatter mugs.

They just can't win, can they!!!!

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 · (Edited)

·
Registered
2,611 Posts
Next contest I enter for Most Spotless xB, I will be sure to take that advice.

Until then, I doubt that anybody really cares that there is a microscopic piece of french fry under my seat! :p

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
boxd_up said:
Next contest I enter for Most Spotless xB, I will be sure to take that advice.

Until then, I doubt that anybody really cares that there is a microscopic piece of french fry under my seat! :p

LOL, I was just messing with you.

The pict with the seats out are after I bought the car on the spot from the guy after meeting him on memorial day. He did not have time to clean it or wash it. I asked him if I could see it right after calling. He said yes, I like it and bought it. So I took it home and gave it a good cleaning.

The Cobra pict with the dash out is when one of my friends and I decided to fix my A/C core, we had to gut the entire dash as pictured.

I have a friend who details cars for a living and got the idea to take the seat out from him. Surprising it makes vacuuming and cleaning the car a lot easier. I may do it more often. Definetely not every time!

·
mertechperformance
1,478 Posts
that isn't detailing that's being redundant about stuff no one will ever see and i hope to crap you dont do often.

starbucks cups fit just fine in my xb cupholders. at least the venti iced cups do dunno bout any other sizes. lol .....

·
ClubxB's OG Member
22,258 Posts
i dont really have problems with the cup holder being too big. if i do have problem, i just stuff some napkins on the side of the cup and hope it doesnt tip over. :D

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
size

bB626 said:
i dont really have problems with the cup holder being too big. if i do have problem, i just stuff some napkins on the side of the cup and hope it doesnt tip over. :D

I think the size is fine too. I do not like the placement of having me bend over to reach the holders on the expressway. I have ordered the armrest with cup holder. Yep, thats the ticket!!

Thanks to everyone for the info.

1 - 20 of 46 Posts