Scion xB Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I Know That The Cup Holder Light Kit May Seem Expensive To Most People, But I Do Not Have A Problem Spending The Money On Them. Does Anybody Have Any Input About Them? Does Anybody Know If They Have An On/off Switch Or Are They Just On All The Time That The Lights Are On? Does Any One Have Any Pics Of The Kits Installed In Their Ride? And Yes I Am Talking About The Ones From The Scion Site. Thanks Everybody.

·
Registered
1,573 Posts
Wow, you actually managed to capitalize every word. I've never seen that before. Wierd.:D

Anyway, I don't have any pics, but I do have the lights (came standard in my RS1.0). They do have an on/off switch that is in the center console and can be turned on any time the ignition is on.

I actually REALLY like the cup holder lights. They look cool and have a practical application too. When going through a drive-thru at night the cup holder area can be REALLY dark in an xB. I just flip on the lights and have no problems with drink spills or anything like that. Quite nice.

If you're cool with the price, get them.

-Alex

·
Registered
16 Posts
I have them and they actually don't come on unless you have the car lights on. The switch is a button that change between the 7 colors and a setting that constantly rotates between colors. The timing is the same as the color change on the radio, neat effect. They are not very bright but put something that glows like bottled water and it looks cool. I have one those plastic Buddahs that plugs into the lighter and has a blue LED in it. It fell in my cupholder and I discovered the plastic picks up the light really well. I plan to use this concept by getting some larger toys to put in the cup holder to show them off.

·
Egistered Ruser
1,227 Posts
yeah I've got them too and I really like them. My wife wouldn't let me buy the xB without adding that option on, that was the deal lol. Like grizzly said, it's actually nice so you can find the cupholders at night :D

·
Registered
2,909 Posts
I'm thinking about getting them too. When I get money. One of the dealers I talked to said it was only one color and you had to choose and I started arguing with them about it. Stupid dealers that don't know what their talking about. (no offense to Scion dealers that know what their talking about)

·
Registered
43 Posts
I did the DIY for it. Really simple, just buy the leds w/holders from Pepboys or wherever, remove center console and drill 1/4" holes where4ver you want them to be, snap them in, and just stick the wire into the bare plug under the shifter (where the factory option would be plugged in) and you're done. Took me all of 10 minutes from start to finish.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts