Scion xB Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
HORNBLASTER
446 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Just read this on Scikotics website http://www.scikotics.com/vb/showthread.php?p=141122#post141122
thought i share see if maybe any other Toyota guros on here have heard anything and maybe fill us all in on it . :)
Sorry about that guys
Jon this needs to go where every scion xa and xb owner can read it, its related to their safety if they have a cruise control on their car

this was given to me by a GM at one of the local dealerships, I'm copying it word for word

ATTENTION: DEALER PRINCIPALS, GENERAL MANAGERS and other DEALER DEPARTMENT MANAGERS

This is a follow-up on the GST Scion Xa and Xb Speed Control Stop Sale.

On 1-12-07 at 3:40pm GST initiated a stop sale on all Scion Xa and Xb vehicles equipped with a GST LIO installed speed (cruise) control (accessory code "SC") or a DIO, dealer installed speed control purchased from Gulf States Toyota.

GST has worked diligently with the speed control manufacturer and will commence shipping you the necessary part to repair your dealer in stock units on Wednesday January 24, 2007. By Friday January 26, 2007 you should receive the correct quantity of replacement parts (part # 00012-01809) to repair your in stock units. Please watch for these parts to arrive.

Note: You do not need to order any of these parts for in stock units at this time they are being shipped to you.

The repair insturctions will be posted on the GST Dealer Daily: Warranty web page, Technical Resources web page, GST Accessory E-manuals web page and Hot Topics area.

You may commence filing warranty claims for the repair of these units on Friday January 26, 2007. The claim filing instructions will be on the Dealer Daily Warranty Web page Firday January 26, 2007 as well.

The consumer recall notifications will be forthcoming in Febuary 2007 pending NHTSA approvals.

THIS MEANS YOU ARE TO STOP USING YOUR CRUISE CONTROL IMMEDIATELY! IT WILL NOT SHUT OFF IN SOME INSTANCES!

·
Registered
140 Posts
does the cruise control recall affect manual 05 xbs? I wouldnt be asking but i dont feel like registering just to see this page.

·
Registered
1,367 Posts
does the cruise control recall affect manual 05 xbs? I wouldnt be asking but i dont feel like registering just to see this page.

I would complain about that damn switch every time I used that cruise. Finally.

Tedsxb, anyone with a cruise should have it checked out.

·
Registered
247 Posts
So, is this a specific cruise control brand (cause there are several)? I just bought a Rostra cruise control system from Allscion Parts. It's my understanding this is the brand most highly suggested for this vehicle. In fact, I think I read that Rostra developed the technology. Anyway, I have not installed mine yet and obviously I need to know if there is an issue with the one i bought.

·
Registered
261 Posts
YEAH...see the first time I hopped in my car and used the cruise when I went to decellerate I assumed when I hit the clutch or the brake it would automatically cut off but NOPE...engine revved up ALLLLLLLLL THE WAY......frantically hit the off button on the cruise control NOTHING STILL REVVING...hit it again which according to the light turned it back on...and it cut off...thought I must have certainly just did something wrong but nope...its jacked up..and on top of that at 1600 miles one of my license plate lights went out...craptacular..going to stop by the dealership after work tomorrow.... SIGH....box is letting me down.

·
Registered
1,573 Posts
I did some research on this and posted on Scikotics' site in that thread.

Basically, this is a GULF STATES only issue. The kit they use is different from the standard Rostra kit and you are only affected if you have the GST option.

-Alex

·
Regular abUser
2,945 Posts
Do I need to fill something out or just bring in my box? I live in Texas so I assume GST means me. I had my CC installed after I bought the box in November from the dealer. I also assume the dealer I bought it from should already know about this, right?

·
Registered
1,573 Posts
Yeah, they probably should. Most folks should get a notice in the mail, but since yours was added after the sale I'm not sure how they'll work it.

Call 'em first and see what the proceedure is.

-Alex

·
Registered
247 Posts
Thanx Grizz

The site i bought my Rostra from only sells Rostra and states that their model for cruise for scion does not have the GST option. They also mention that they do not reccomend the GST option for scions.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.