Scion xB Forum banner
21 - 32 of 32 Posts

·
Pishtaco
3,956 Posts
If it were mine, I'd go through all the assembly steps in the manual one by one. Then I'd be sure everything is in place and correctly installed.

Then I'd go through the troubleshooting steps. Then I'd call Rostra tech support with my findings from the troubleshooting.

If you're not handy with a multimeter & electronics, Rostra tech support has a network of factory approved installers. Hopefully one is in the Houston area.

·
Pishtaco
3,956 Posts
I honestly didn't know cruise came on the 1st Gen XB's.. wow, learn something new each day
It didn't. The Rostra cruise control was a dealer option, and the commonest aftermarket cruise control for the 1G xBs.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
check the 3rd brake light to make sure it works properly, did it to me before.
Back to this. When looking at the 3rd brake light lit up, it looks like a middle section of it is not working. But once you remove the light bulb you realize that it is only light. Any idea why this is happening? I am going to replace the bulb today and see if that does anything.

·
chop top
8,825 Posts
cruise control on my wifes xb quite working..dealer option...so i checked it all out...found nothing..and ripped it out...CC is over rated...pedal to the medal!!!

·
Boxed Lifestyle
2,292 Posts
Back to this. When looking at the 3rd brake light lit up, it looks like a middle section of it is not working. But once you remove the light bulb you realize that it is only light. Any idea why this is happening? I am going to replace the bulb today and see if that does anything.
I had the same problem with that 3rd brake light. It sent my idiot lights into disco mode turning my ABS, TRC, and other lights on. It was a lot of fun feeling the car jolt at 75 MPH on I-95 -_- . It too me forever to figure out it was the 3rd brake light.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Someone found the right resister on here I am unable to find the post though. You have to add the resister to your LED lights (for those of you with LED's)

·
Pishtaco
3,956 Posts
AFAIK, the TBL/LED issue only affects ATs, where the voltage fluctuations cause the ATs to shift strangely. MT 1Gs, like the OP's, and mine, work fine w/LED TBLs & brake lights.

·
06.5 TCM
10,027 Posts
Any time you modify electrical components without care you can expect weird things to happen. I remember one car had the torque converter clutch cycle on and off with the turn signals and the owner was blaming the Oznium TBL. Turned out to be the trailer harness.
Cruise control can be made to work just fine with led lights. It just needs to be isolated from the brake light circuit by the use of a relay or transistor.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hello 10yr old thread...I have a 2006 with the aftermarket cruise. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesnt. No LED's in the 3rd brake light. Since it works sometimes I assume its hooked up properly. Maybe a loose wire? HELP!!!!

21 - 32 of 32 Posts