Scion xB Forum banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Not sure which area to post this in but hope this is right.

I recently bought a 2006 XB with cruise control installed from the dealership. The same handle as pictured below. Whenever I push the on button it will light up but once I push the set button to turn on the cruise control I do not get anything happening. I have also tried several different vehicle speeds, held it down for several seconds, push set and resume and no luck. Can someone give me some insight into whats going on?

Thanks

Attachments

·
Registered
522 Posts
i don't have cruise control, but i've seen it on xb's before. i believe its cable driven just like our throttle. check to see if its connected to the throttle body.

·
Registered
7 Posts
+1 on checking for physical hookup. Read elsewhere about someone having the same problem and it turned out it was not physically connected at the throttle.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Yes. It's hard to describe. You should be able to find installation directions at rostra.com which hopefully should have some pictures of how it is mounted.

Download Form #4838 and see section Step 4 THROTTLE ATTACHMENT

·
Pishtaco
3,956 Posts
+1 on downloading the manual from Rostra.com. Follow the installation steps, and there's a troubleshooting section at the end. If all else fails, Rostra's tech support can help you, and/or suggest an approved installer who can help you.

I installed my own, but it failed the checklist tests. I was leaving on a cross-country trip, so I didn't have time to fix it myself. Rostra tech support was great helping me, and I'm sure I'd have fixed it with their assistance and more time. I got the name of an approved installer in Albuquerque two days down the road, and they fixed it within an hour, for $75. The VSS wire wasn't hooked up. I'm sure I did it right per the instructions. I think Toyota changed it on the 2006.5s.

·
Registered
887 Posts
if ur third brake light is replaced with led or the reg bulb is burnt out or loose, the cruise will not work, (but will all so throw all the lights on on the dash when u pust a button on the cruise also)

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I will check it tonight. My car is completely stock, 1st and only owner was an older lady so no modifications. It is also not under warranty so I will have to fix it myself.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I was just able to check out all connections and everything behind the lever to under the dash even inside the motor looks good. It is connected with the throttle cable and moves fine. Where is this fuse that you guys mention? I am not even able to find the fuse box on this car. The 3rd brake light is factory and not burned out so that is not the problem.

Thanks

I have a link to the manual I found but I do not have 30 posts yet. lol

w w w.
allscion.
com/2006rostra.
html

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Also on the black cruise control box mounted near the tower under hood, the box says void warranty if removed. Clearly I have no information on the warranty though.

·
Pishtaco
3,956 Posts
Do what I suggested. Download the manual and step through the troubleshooting steps. You haven't told us if yours is AT or MT. The hookup is different for each, so there are different things to check. Rostra tech support told me I could open the control box, as there are diagnostic LEDs inside it to help diagnose my problem.

You aren't doing this methodically and thoroughly. You can't expect satisfactory results until you do it right.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Do what I suggested. Download the manual and step through the troubleshooting steps. You haven't told us if yours is AT or MT. The hookup is different for each, so there are different things to check. Rostra tech support told me I could open the control box, as there are diagnostic LEDs inside it to help diagnose my problem.

You aren't doing this methodically and thoroughly. You can't expect satisfactory results until you do it right.
Understood. I located the fuse panel near the clutch. The car is a 5 speed. All of the wires look to be in tact. Other than a green wire that is marked "Only for AT transmission" which is unhooked. I also noticed another 2 wires that appear to be cut. The 2 fuses attached to these wires for cruise both look good. I will review this manual again.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts