Scion xB Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can a cruise control be put on a sterring wheel with audio controls already on it?:confused:

If I buy the cruise control (saw one on ebay) who do I get to put it on, the Scion dealership? :confused: Will this void any warranties?:confused:

Thanx! :D

·
Registered
552 Posts
the controls that go on the steering wheel are RF controled, you can mount it almost anywhere from what I have heard.

It isn't bad to install, so if you want to save money do it yourself. If you don't have the skills to do it your self I'd go anywhere but the dealer, it would be a lot cheaper. I hate dealers, they charge WAY too much!!

Post up the one your looking at for a better answer though, so everyone can be 100% on the same page.

cheers

·
Registered
552 Posts
If your not going to install it yourself I'd check around locally to see who sells it. Most shops will have a smaller install price if you buy the part through them. I don't know how much it should cost, as I am a diy'er and I made my dealer install cc for free.

Best thing to do is pick up the phone book and call around.

Personally I don't like the RF one any how, the controls look like they don't belong and take batteries. The colum mounted one looks close to oem as you can get and no batteries to change (I like low maintanence).

Maybe someone will post from your area and let you know a good shop or help with the install, I would if your were closer.

·
Registered
1,367 Posts
Our cruise controll is NOT rf, its a stick with all the controlls on it, just like every other Toyota.

Gargemel are you sure the radio controlls on the steering wheel are RF?

·
Registered
552 Posts
Yes there are two kinds,
the colum mounted, Looks like a lever just as the blinker lever- but doesn't move.

then there is the RF buttons you can mount on the steering wheel or where ever. Do a search on here and you'll find examples of each.

I have the colum mounted one, so if you need pics of that kind let me know

cheers

·
Registered
1,367 Posts
We ahve the column mouted one, but I would like to put the buttons in the sterring wheel, you have a link or photo of that setup?

·
Registered
1,367 Posts
OK now I see, I wonder how difficult it would be to take the controlls apart and mount them in the steering wheel opposite the radio controlls?

·
Registered
552 Posts
Skeeter said:
OK now I see, I wonder how difficult it would be to take the controlls apart and mount them in the steering wheel opposite the radio controlls?
That all depands on your skills with Fab'ing. I can't say for sure because I have never opened one up, but I'd say moderate difficulty. But can't say for sure without seeing the insides.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts