Scion xB Forum banner

Do you feel Scion Evolution favors their members at car shows?

• yes

Votes: 12 48.0%
  • no

Votes: 13 52.0%
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
1,418 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
HI MY NAME IS DAVE AKA SHORT BUS:cool: I am a Scion Evolution Member 31213, First off I would like to thank John Elway's Crown Scion for holding today's event and Scion Evolution for co-hosting today's event. In my opinion I feel it is wrong that member's of SE judge the show, and only their members take home a majority of the trophy's won. I feel it is very discriminatory that smaller car clubs are obviously not recognized in SE's opinion, which appears to be the case here and at other SE events. This is just MY opinion. Thanks for listening to me rant.... Dave AKA Short Bus:cool:

·
Scion God
541 Posts
short bus said:
HI MY NAME IS DAVE AKA SHORT BUS:cool: I am a Scion Evolution Member 31213, First off I would like to thank John Elway's Crown Scion for holding today's event and Scion Evolution for co-hosting today's event. In my opinion I feel it is wrong that member's of SE judge the show, and only their members take home a majority of the trophy's won. I feel it is very discriminatory that smaller car clubs are obviously not recognized in SE's opinion, which appears to be the case here and at other SE events. This is just MY opinion. Thanks for listening to me rant.... Dave AKA Short Bus:cool:
Very Elegantly stated my friend... I think you just said what alot of people have been thinking for quite awhile..

·
Registered
1,418 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
From my understanding and KNOWLEDGE, when SE did their car show at Elmore Toyota that SE got very upset that their judges didn't get to judge the car show which the end result was a majority of the winners at that car show were NOT SE members but other car owners. Funny how it worked out that way at that car show and then this one .... hmmmmm..... wasn't judged by SE members.... or maybe an affiliate? HUH... well makes you wonder...???

·
Registered
916 Posts
There where only 2 judges and both wernet from SE. Mike is from M2Motoring and is a vender of several clubs and the other guy is a subaru owner who runs solo in the car show scene. So SE members didn't judge the show.

·
Registered
1,197 Posts
Well, and I have to say that there was some hats found laying around. What those hats said, I will not disclose, but they were found. I don't mean to start nething, but for these statments that are being made, the people who left the hats seemed very immature. Mike is a solo rider in the Scion scene, and his friend, like Matt pointed out, drives a Subu. So where does SE factor in there? We all need to realize that every judge has their ways of doing it, and the winners were picked solefully on the quality of their rides. I didn't win nething, and am not upset at all. If you didn't have what the judges were looking for, I'm sorry that some people feel it nessicary to leave immature messages on things that were given to them for free, and are unappreiciative of the company of friends. If you go to a show just for the sole purpose of winning trophies, then you are missing out on the whole scion community as it is. Most of us there are there to have fun and see people that we haven't seen through the week, or maybe even months. I hope that things get resolved, and everyone can be happy :D ;)

·
Registered
845 Posts
I wasnt there but just curious who won that you thing didnt deserve it ?

like I said I wasnt there I had to work but Im just curious ?

Shows are funny its 1 or 2 people opinions of your car and there
taste verses our's the car owners taste this is why some times you win
and some times you dont. I do agree the judges should have nothing to do with anyone in the show if thats possible thats why I like the truck Jam
and the big lowrider shows because it is what it is .

Just remember try to have fun guys the trophy's are nice but there not everything

·
Ain't too Funk to Druck.
17,243 Posts
i second that mybadbox. i do like truck jam better too. and it's not all about the trophies who cares about the trophies. if you're happy with your box and you're in good company with friends then that's rewarding enough. but there's many concerns/complaints of unfairness. it's not coincedential either coz there's many. that's all. it's a great community, good friends old and new. good times.

·
Registered
1,197 Posts
I think another problem is that Mike is also a professional judge. So he is going to be that much harder to impress. I mean for christ's sake, the guy carries around his own rags to check behind your spokes and in your fender wells also. I am still a little dissapointed about the nasty stuff written on the hats though. Very childish, and immature. Everyone knows who did it, but it is better left unsaid for quality of this site and friendships ;)

·
Registered
296 Posts
ketchup_xb said:
i second that mybadbox. i do like truck jam better too. and it's not all about the trophies who cares about the trophies. if you're happy with your box and you're in good company with friends then that's rewarding enough. but there's many concerns/complaints of unfairness. it's not coincedential either coz there's many. that's all. it's a great community, good friends old and new. good times.
Well put Heinz! I agree with you 100%, Mini truck shows are way better shows and we seem to get more love with the judges at those shows also! I just think it leaves a bad taste in peoples mouths when they go to a show and the club that throws the show takes all or most of the trophies! I think more clubs should take lessons from clubs like Scinergy who have tons of members and are well known in the scion community yet still are some of the nicest people Ive met and they have thrown shows where not one of their members have won a trophy! Thats the classy and respectable way to throw a show!! I just think the Scion community needs a new representation! In regards to what I just said you can love it or leave it!!!

·
Scion God
541 Posts
BOXlover11 said:
I think another problem is that Mike is also a professional judge. So he is going to be that much harder to impress. I mean for christ's sake, the guy carries around his own rags to check behind your spokes and in your fender wells also. I am still a little dissapointed about the nasty stuff written on the hats though. Very childish, and immature. Everyone knows who did it, but it is better left unsaid for quality of this site and friendships ;)
Just a big FYI...... I had no control over the hat situation. People were a lil pissed off at the time and stated their frustrations..

·
Scion God
541 Posts
You know whats funny?? Dave was posting HIS opinion on what he felt is wrong with Evo shows. Ive heard from many people who will remain annonomous the same opinions but are afraid to admit it in the face of Evolution members. This is the same kinda **** that brought the Mini-Truckin scene down. Opinions are just that. Now Dave is taking major flak from the very same people that agreed with him not to long ago.

·
Registered
296 Posts
kartel said:
You know whats funny?? Dave was posting HIS opinion on what he felt is wrong with Evo shows. Ive heard from many people who will remain annonomous the same opinions but are afraid to admit it in the face of Evolution members. This is the same kinda **** that brought the Mini-Truckin scene down. Opinions are just that. Now Dave is taking major flak from the very same people that agreed with him not to long ago.
I agree with Dave and I stand in his corner! I always have the backs of the people who have mine! People get all hurt because they cant handle the truth and wanna place blame on the ones that have enough balls to say whats on there minds! I think more people should be like Dave and grow a pair and step up to the plate for the Scion Community!!

·
Registered
1,418 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
scionevo_xb wrote:
Agreed! We should throw in a Diamond plate and iron cross class along with the Home Depot modded out class. J/kLaughing Just to clear the air SE board members DID NOT ENTER THE SHOW, our members did which I think is fair @ Nationals the same thing applied for Scinergy's board and it's members. In all seriousness w/ all the caaassssh mooonnniesss given out we could've had a best of paint, JDM, sound system, interior... the list can go on. As far as the judging the last and finally decision was made by DJ EMan from Power 106 who was given the top 5 finalist in each class and was told to pick the top 3 out of the 5 in each class. N/E way no sense in beating a dead horse, let's move on and we can take this as a learning experience.

This was just my out look on SE shows ever since the kick off at Ricky & Ronnies. Not the people nor the car or car's. WOW lololol . Now i see how it
is going . :confused:

·
Registered
1,418 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Toy xBox wrote:
Thanks Dave for your opinion and maybe if you came to more of the SE meets/functions you might get the info on events and what is going on. You could also bring this up at such meetings instead of trying to smear the image of the club you are supposed to be a member of. Joining SE is more than just to say you belong to Scion Club and getting sticker; participation is part of being a member.

I will say that it is strange to me no complaints at the Puente Hills/Power 106 and Glendora event and the 30 or so other events that SE has thrown over the past 2 years. Why now Club Ballistic is trying to start things up with SE? I personally was having a good time watching how excited Kartel was when he won at Elmore. I wasn’t online after that event complaining about not winning. I have done enough of these shows I knew immediately who won after the judges started on my car. Cause my style of Scion wasn’t anything that is main stream and has been seen so many times before. No problem I was there to show support for my club and get a good parking spot.

Look forward to seeing you at future SE or Non-SE events.

First and Foremost... Short Bus is a member of the BALLIZTIK family. From the post he made, i dont see that he is "starting things up with SE". Kinda funny that he is also a member of SE and when he posted his opinion, Our club was brought to the forefront as "starting trouble". I/we have nothing against the SE Family personally. People have been stating for quite awhile how Scion Evolution shows tend to be one sided events and favor the clubs own members, Short Bus posts his opinion on the matter and all of a sudden, my whole club (all 3 of us lol) are starting trouble. Read between the lines and just let him speak. Think of it as a friend who offers constructive criticism and maybe learn something from it. SE has been gracious enough to host countless events that we have attended and for that we would like to thank you. All im saying is we as individuals cannot control what everyone thinks and theres always gonna be an opinion whether positive or negative out there. And to quote Mr Moulton, I was dumbfounded that i won a trophy at Elmore. I wasnt expecting a win because of what i heard about SE Shows, but thankful that all our hard work was noticed. The Drama with clubs is always going to be around, but just remember that this is how the Mini-Truckin scene fazed out... Thanks for giving me the opportunity to speak in your forum..
~Mike

·
Registered
1,418 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
The truth of the matter is , If your club throws , hosts , holds, gives,or has a
show the members sholud not be in the show nor win .They are hosts. And thats the way it is in the car show get go. " At least at the bigger shows i have been to"

·
Scion God
541 Posts
short bus said:
The truth of the matter is , If your club throws , hosts , holds, gives,or has a
show the members sholud not be in the show nor win .They are hosts. And thats the way it is in the car show get go. " At least at the bigger shows i have been to"
I agree... You stated your opinion bro and im behind you 100%.. If they want to take it as starting trouble, then so be it. Ohh btw.. check out the latest post on scion evo, you are no longer a member...... funny ****!! ask them for your money back

·
Registered
916 Posts
Since SE host's soooo many events thru out the year, how are new members and old members with new mods suppose to get the credit they deserve by not winning shows. Will you be throwing any shows with big prizes? THat isnt fair for the people in the SE family for them to work soo hard on their cars and aren't allowed to be in the car show because they are in SE. Don't be mad that you didn't win and don't take away someones else achievements cause they won.

·
Registered
1,418 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Go to other shows ? Other than scion shows and your hard work will be noticed.

·
Registered
1,418 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
BALLIZTIK is not a scion only club its open to all makes. Yes i have read the SE LAW . I can not be a member of 2 scion clubs that are only scion exc.

1 - 20 of 52 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.