Scion xB Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
My wife and I have been looking at the Scion XB since last summer and we absolutely love the front end on the noblesse body kit. We are finally getting an XB (RS 3) and are discussing the noblesse body kit. We could care less about the entire kit, the front is what does it for us...

My question is, how crappy or not so crappy will our XB look with just the front bumper? Will we be laughed at if we only get the front bumbper or will it blend nicely with the rest of the car? Thoughts and honest opinions appreciated.

Also what would be an estimate on cost of getting the front bumper painted and put on?

Front pic of the Noblesse kit

·
Nor*Cal's Most Hated
3,841 Posts
I would personally run the whole kit. Not all kits can be run w/o the whole kit to keep the "flow" going. Fit of the bumper covers depends of its a version 1 or version 2. Also, I believe that the bumper support needs to be removed or modified to fit on the version 2, it won't fit on the version 1.

·
Registered
5,726 Posts
yea i dont think it would have a nice flow to it if you ONLY did front.

Price for bumper alone is 725, while the full kit would be 1870. Those are both before shipping prices from CA to your house. Then the associated body work taking it to a shop to work on it too. Then paint on top of that. Its gonna be HIGHLY costly.

before its all said and done, you're going to be looking at over 1500 for only the front bumper. thats a little ridiculous i think, but its all up to you.

scott

·
Super Moderator
16,213 Posts
That kit looks best as a whole. Running just the front would look too weird IMO. Maybe you should photoshop it first just to see............

·
Super Moderator
16,213 Posts
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Yeah, but it points in the right direction. The stock skirts are gonna be too short for sure.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks for the photoshop. That gives me alot better idea. I kind of thought the stock side skirts would look too short. My wife will have to do some serious soul searchng to justify the price of the entire kit.

·
Registered
1,893 Posts
You should also ask Toyota/Scion if your color is available yet for paint.

I know someone who can't even get SRP yet ....just a thought. :)

Oh yeah whole kit or no kit. JMHO. :D

·
TheOtherGuys
7,988 Posts
Dajap said:
why can't I see the photoshop? :(
He got rid of the side skirts.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 · (Edited)
Yeah the paint thing crossed my mind as well.

We will just wait and see. I appreciate everyone commenting. Deep down I didn't think it would look good withOuT the entire kit but the thing is so damn expensive. It may be something we do down the road... who knows but we absolutely love the look of that kit or more specifically that front end.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.