Scion xB Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
1,479 Posts
Quite honestly, I'm glad we don't.

I can usually look at any style of build and at least say, "I can appreciate the work." Looking at this style though, I have a hard time saying that. Not because it isn't a lot of fabrication, but because the fabrication is relatively simple.

Their is no "flow" at all with these builds. There is nothing special about cutting sheet metal into simple shapes and slapping it on to a car. For me, there is just nothing impressive about slab sided, slope nosed Japanese econoboxes that can't even get wheel fitment right. I think I can wrap my head around the style conceptually, I just don't think they execute all that well.

In the end, I just chalk it up to cultural differences. There are some things about Japanese car culture that I love. And other things I could be absolutely fine with out. I guess this particular style falls into the latter category.

·
Registered
8,923 Posts
All I can say is that host is a spiffy dresser! :D

·
Registered
2,860 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
some of those cars ARE crazy. I think that's the object. Would I drive some of those? prolly not, but these cars are art cars. It's as if to see what they can't do to the cars. some of those cars might also resemble this one

that's prolly the object I still like the more mildly done Glorias and Skylines myself.

70's Skyline

·
Registered
2,860 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
The host is the founder of Option magazine for those that don't know. That's a old video too. still cool for me nontheless. Makes me want to go back to Japan.

·
Registered
57 Posts
I <3 bosozoku. I can totally understand why some folks wouldn't, but it makes me smile. Heck - some of those cars make me laugh out loud.

·
NEXT LEVEL MOTORING
3,810 Posts
GO BOSO!
Cool Vid Jim!

I can understand the like and dislike, put you gotta understand that, thats how it is. its their way of having fun. ;)

then you look at the otherside, and see their awesome Bippu rides and see their two different concept.

like spongebob says, "Imagination"......................:D

there is a mad BOSO bB pic somewhere, someone dig it up!

·
Registered
1,420 Posts
GO BOSO!
Cool Vid Jim!

I can understand the like and dislike, put you gotta understand that, thats how it is. its their way of having fun. ;)

then you look at the otherside, and see their awesome Bippu rides and see their two different concept.

like spongebob says, "Imagination"......................:D

there is a mad BOSO bB pic somewhere, someone dig it up!
Use your Imagination.

imagination_border1.jpg

Yeah I can tell you have kids.

·
NEXT LEVEL MOTORING
3,810 Posts

·
Registered
2,860 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
That was neat. My wife never saw a truck like that before. she was impressed! i really want a giant shift knob now.

·
Registered
131 Posts
I love the Bosozoku and Dekotora! I've been a fan of these for years.

I'm also a big fan of vanning. I've got a bunch of vanning pics at home.

·
Registered
2,892 Posts
70's Skyline
Is that a 75 or 76? ( I haven't seen any ones other than those 2 years that match that body style.) I'd really *really* like to get one of those imported into the US. It almost resembles a Chevelle...but cooler. :D

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.