Scion xB Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 80 Posts

·
Registered
2,860 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How has this forum grown into such a place full of bad attitude? some guys still protest that cambering out the back of our cars is "stupid and it looks dumb". So in other words( or in theirs) They proceed to knock every one of our cars built this way. You guys can check my thread titled l"esson on camber" there. What a bunch of nice guys. most were cool about it, some are not. So many people (sometimes even myself) really need to step back and understand why someone does soemthing a certain way. there are some things most of us will never understand like installing an amp and new speakers ONLY in the back of a car for sound. Well whatever, if they want to continue bashing other peoples cars cuz theirs is stock and they have no idea what to do cuz there is no sense of style, then so be it. they can have their one track mind ways.:p

·
Super Moderator
16,213 Posts
JDMJim said:
Well whatever, if they want to continue bashing other peoples cars cuz theirs is stock and they have no idea what to do cuz there is no sense of style, then so be it.
I think you summed it up right there, Jim! Personally, I dig the look of cambered tires, but that's just me. ;)

·
Registered
5,726 Posts
Cambered wheels and VIP are stupid Jim. Theres no way around it. Im a mechanic, so I know more than you too! Game over.

Some people just never learn, dont sweat the small stuff. The people who know something about cars will give props for the works youve done and the killer stance you have.

Scotty

·
Registered
426 Posts
I dont care what anyone else says Jim. You're the man.

·
Registered
368 Posts
Don't let that Texass ( did I spell that correctly?) Mechanic get to you.( he has harassed alot of people over there, seems he can't hold a job to have all those jobs as an ace mechanic at his age :D )

In fact, don't let any of those foreskins ( would call them something else real close, but that would infer that someone gets pleasure from them instead of something thats thrown out :D )get to you.

We all mod to make ourselves happy, not someone else.

personally, I couldn't see myself going the camber route, just my taste, but I do think it looks cool.

·
Nor*Cal's Most Hated
3,841 Posts
Jim, there are alot of self proclaimed scion "experts" over there. When one claims to know something, and then is caught either in a lie and is shown to not know a darn thing, then Darren gets upset and starts banning people.

Take my case as an example. I'm not an authorized factory trained Toyota/Scion mechanic, nor do I own a business that services automobiles, BUT, I have been a Toyota "head" since 1981 when I was a Senior in High School. I've done engine swaps, rebuilt engines, torn my '76 Celicas down to the frame and rebuilt them.

But because I wasn't a "Gold Sponsor" or Super Mod, I was considered a trouble maker, because a certain muffler "Expert" didn't know what he was talking about.

It got worse when I started winning trophies and was one of the first members/chapter contact of a club that I believed in.

This same person is also responsible for kicking out quite a few highly recognizable persons.

Darren doesn't care if the info put out is truth or not, he's just worried about the prestige and mioney his site generates.

If you want good reliable info, from good peeps, stay here.

Unfortunately, some of the other site's trouble makers are here also.

·
Nor*Cal's Most Hated
3,841 Posts
And like others have said, mod to your tastes and show it off. Everyone has their own style.

Me? I like staggered width and camber. But that's just me.

·
Registered
15 Posts
i take offense to that texa-ss comment, lol.

i'm a good ol texas fella, i think to each person their own style, i don't know anyones style, i may not like it, but hey, i'm not the one that has to drive it..if they like it and think it's sweet, many props to them.

·
Registered
5,726 Posts
squirrel said:
Unfortunately, some of the other site's trouble makers are here also.
That was at me huh Brad....

lol

Okay lets not turn this into a SL bashing thread. Lets focus more on the closed minded attitudes of the people there in the thread that are in the thread. All people know my feelings on SL, but Im the first to admit my car wouldnt be the same had it not been for that site (and 95% of you people are probably the same way)

Rico, your post rules freaking all! (dinner conversation) LOL!

Lets keep it clean here, and focus more on the people than the site, otherwise Im gonna have to lock up the thread.

scotty

·
Registered
336 Posts
u know what i think do what ever u like and who cares what other people say or think i learned that im fixing up my car the way i want it to look not what people tell me looks good and dont look good :)

·
Hmmmmm
3,145 Posts
i much agree with some on this one. Personally there are a lot of mods done to boxes on here and other sites i dont like, especially wheel choices. Do i have a problem with it, no. I have much respect for anyone who has the individuality to make their ride their own. There should be more people out there who want their car to be unique and stand out. Cambered, VIP, whatever you like. Youre the driver, drive it like you want it.

·
Registered
368 Posts
NAH, was probably talking about me.:p

No offence meant about all the mechanics in texas, just 1 or 2 ;)

And we can all be trouble makers some times and some where :D

can't we ?

·
Registered
827 Posts
I think people should just do what they want to their ride, and others should respect that. Alot of folks dont like my 40 offsets, or my TRD axleback, but I dig them, and it dont make my box any better or worse than anyone elses. It's all about opinion. I enjoy looking at JDM, USDM, customs, hell, I even like seeing stockers, as long as folks do their own thing. It's all about CHOICE!!!

Thats why you will never, ever see me on SL. Too many haters.

·
Registered
198 Posts
definition......Expert....=

Ex...= has been
spurt....= drip under pressure

just my observation after many years/

do what you do ...just cuz you want to!

<chuckle>

·
Registered
691 Posts
I'm really torn on the whole SL thing. On one hand Scikotics would not be anywhere near the club it is without SL, but on the other hand there are so many haters and suck-ups on there that it just makes it no fun to go there
anymore.
I still go everyday pretty much, but its mainly just to check on club business.

·
Registered
869 Posts
i think camber shims look nice!....but only with the right rims, bodykit and the right amount of - camber.........but dont get me wrong....not all cars can pull off negitive camber and look good..... and ass far as scion life goes they can all go f**k themselves <~~~(that felt good:p ) kuz they are a mix of TC,xa,xb owners......it makes the web suite harder to navigate....and Clubxb is the best suite for xb owners.....kuz if you drive a xb who gives a crap about a tc....you all know what i mean???..........

·
TheOtherGuys
7,988 Posts
What the hell is SL? ;)

Yeah, I limit my time there. And I don't post.

·
Registered
501 Posts
Well, I'm a Texan, and an attorney, and I'll sue the freaking [email protected]%4^& out of......

just joking.

I really like this site, and I just love my 2006 BOP xB. I'm not as much into all the crazy stuff that everyone does to their cars, but I have loved cars, and trucks, and motorcycles, my whole life, and I have learned a lot on this site from all of the friendly people.

What goes around, comes around. There is no point in being mean.

I'm glad that they aren't gonna make any more xBs. The cult status is assured.

1 - 20 of 80 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.