Scion xB Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all,

I am a newb to this wonderful site-- but have gotten great help and ideas before. You all helped me figure out how to fix the dripping black goo on the hatch handle, and much better than the spendy dealer!

My new issue with my super cute white xb is that I got my bumper stuck on a concrete curb, and tore the plastic front valance (apron?) (spoiler?) on the bottom front driver's side. It is cracked in 2 places, about 1" and 2". Paint flaking around one area. Ugly!

Also the whole bumper wants to detach slightly (on the side where I cracked it) when I drive-- I think it has lost its structure to withstand the wind and it is whipping a little?

New ones are unpainted and expensive--is there any way to decently rig a more affordable repair? Plastic glue and paint it? Bondo it? Epoxy? Melt it back together with heat somehow? Duct tape it with white or colorful tape?

Thanks for any ideas.
Lisa

·
Doc
1,529 Posts
You should post pictures so you can get more help.

Sent from SkyNet using Galaxy S4 through TapaTalk 2

·
**** in a Box
1,484 Posts
Specifically by attaching the pictures to posts rather than using the actual picture button when posting a reply.

It sounds like you've cracked your front bumper cover and popped the tabs that hold it onto the vehicle or at least partially popped them. Pictures would definitely help for suggesting a potential fix.

·
Tactical Toaster
2,397 Posts
For the cracks specifically you can use a plastic glue or epoxy and a mesh screen (ask about plastic repair at a local laminates/plastic shop and they'll point you in the right direction) to hold the sides of the crack together, and plastic patching material on the front, prime, and paint. As far as the separation goes, it's hard to say without looking at it ;)

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the responses. Here are pictures-- the bumper constantly loosening looks minor but I still dont like it. I dont think the loose-ness looks good or is structurally sound. Also, I have ordered a replacement honeycomb piece already. I am tired of how that looks.

Lisa

Attachments

·
Tactical Toaster
2,397 Posts
Naw, we totally understand minor things bugging the crap out of you. You might have to take the bumper off and check the headlight mount point for it. Right where the corner is behind the headlight, there's a clip-ish rest attached to the headlight that keeps the bumper in line with the body. The other mount point there is in the wheel well, two bolts should be there that hold the bumper to the fender.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts