Scion xB Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
916 Posts
XBTUNER14513 said:
Yeah, Greddy has a nice one too. I beleive Blitz has one.
Blitz makes a SuperCharger. Greddy did make a Turdo but are not developing a SuperCharger as well for more pwer gains. HKS is suppose to come out with a Turbo within the next year.

·
Banned
528 Posts
Intercooler is too small, not properly tuned, not enough bang for the buck. My 2 cents

·
Registered
131 Posts
Revhard has been saying they are coming out with a kit for like 2 years now...where is it?? LOL

·
Nor*Cal's Most Hated
3,841 Posts
Simplyscion said:
Revhard has been saying they are coming out with a kit for like 2 years now...where is it?? LOL
Yeah, I got their flyer back at Exposed in Feb2004. At that time they told me the release date was a few months away. NOT!

WHAT'S VITO!!??!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Nor*Cal's Most Hated
3,841 Posts
admin said:
Unsure of the details i think its still in the works.
I called one of my FI buddies and he said still nothing. He heard that they may had one running, but then it let go. He said it may have been a rod from too much boost.

Funny thing though, when Revhard was talking to me, I was given the impression this set-up was ready to go back in Feb2004. I guess not.

·
Registered
142 Posts
MussBuss...how can you tell the intercooler is too small without knowing anything about the turbo itself or what the boost is that it would be pushing? And besides, other than the high compression on these 1NZ's, you don't even need an intercooler at 7 PSI or less, so it actually might be too big.

·
Nor*Cal's Most Hated
3,841 Posts
I showed these pics to those who tune FI for a living, and even they said that IC is too big, more for show than anything. And they are the "experts" out here.

How's this?

"X's car is a perfect example of what a DSM could potentially be. With well over 450 horsepower to all 4 corners and the looks to back it up, this is a serious street machine. X's car is on pump gas, street tires and is driven on a daily basis. This is an AWD GST, that is not a typo. X's beast started life as a 1995 FWD turbo DSM. We have since converted it to AWD to get better traction on both launches and turns."

·
mertechperformance
1,478 Posts
that intercooler looks good sized to me. I like other have had heard of this kit over a year and a half ago. who knows. lol

revhard's s2000 kit is nice.

·
Registered
144 Posts
squirrel said:
I showed these pics to those who tune FI for a living, and even they said that IC is too big, more for show than anything. And they are the "experts" out here.

How's this?

"X's car is a perfect example of what a DSM could potentially be. With well over 450 horsepower to all 4 corners and the looks to back it up, this is a serious street machine. X's car is on pump gas, street tires and is driven on a daily basis. This is an AWD GST, that is not a typo. X's beast started life as a 1995 FWD turbo DSM. We have since converted it to AWD to get better traction on both launches and turns."
I'm confused... sorry, does this mean they are going to make an XB with a DSM (Talon) AWD setup????

·
Nor*Cal's Most Hated
3,841 Posts
DJ Unknown said:
I'm confused... sorry, does this mean they are going to make an XB with a DSM (Talon) AWD setup????
Sorry, I replaced the owner's name w/ an "X".

·
Registered
813 Posts
Ive heard from a couple other shops that when you add the turbo or a supercharger to the engine within 6 to 8 months it takes a ****

·
Nor*Cal's Most Hated
3,841 Posts
Misterflipper said:
Ive heard from a couple other shops that when you add the turbo or a supercharger to the engine within 6 to 8 months it takes a ****
Depends who is tuning it and how hard the person is driving it. I know one turbo set-up that's been running for over a year now. Its made several runs between SoCal and Nor*Cal.

I heard third/fourth hand there's another turbo xB up here, anyone know?

·
mertechperformance
1,478 Posts
steve's turbo setup always had problems if i remember correctly . besides it's a trailer queen ( nothing wrong with that , that's how it's so purdy)

he has the greddy supercharger now

·
Nor*Cal's Most Hated
3,841 Posts
hotbox05 said:
steve's turbo setup always had problems if i remember correctly . besides it's a trailer queen ( nothing wrong with that , that's how it's so purdy)

he has the greddy supercharger now
Steve who?

If you're referring to bBist, he drove his xB up here for Import Motion January 2004 after the turbo had been installed for a few months, then he drove it back up AGAIN, for HIN-San Mateo. I know because he drove to my house.

It was only trailered ONCE up here for Scion Night II.

It had a small problem in the beginning because the kit is a one-off. But not that its tuned, he's had no problems.

Its been driven everywhere else, how do I know, becaused I've followed him in my xB.

And no, he does not have the GReddy SC in his xB.

If you want to talk about trailer queens, I guess you're referring to the hot lava w/ the surfboard w/ graphics.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.