Scion xB Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
869 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
could someone tell me if i lower my car with Tein lowering spring....will my ride quality be the same or will it be bumpy.....or will it be better than the factory???......i plan on doing a 1.7" in the front and 1.5" in the rear.....thanks for the help:D

·
TheOtherGuys
7,988 Posts
It improved the ride of my 18's...

·
Nor*Cal's Most Hated
3,841 Posts
I love the ride of TEIN S-techs.

·
Registered
869 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
ok kuz i was discussing it with my wife and she asked me that....and i wondered the same thing....kuz i have never owend a car that's been lowered before....

·
scikotics
1,005 Posts
I have Teins stech. takes out most of the wheel well gap looks good. If you've never driven a lowered car see if you can ride with someone who has one. The ride isn't bad maybe a little more bounce then stock but stock is a harder ride. Peeps say goldlines ride better ride but lower and I didn't want to go that low. It doesn't snow that much here but still don't want to plow the rds.
LOL

·
Registered
869 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
so you have the 1.7"front and 1.5 rear drop on yours......im keepin the wheels stock.....will it have the same results or should i go 2"

·
Registered
869 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
do you have the tein 1.7"f 1.5"R in this pic?....that's about how low i want mine....i have the stock 15's.....however i might want to go 2" just to give it a real diffrence in stance......but i'm not sure kuz the speed bumps at my apartments are HUGE! so i may play it safe and do the 1.7 front 1.5 rear drop..........i dont know

·
scikotics
1,005 Posts
Yes Tein S Tech are 1.7 F 1.5 R. Tein H are less drop I don't remember the amt of drop. I lived in Everett and worked in Monroe you know sometimes the snow can get pretty deep. If I wanted lower then what Tein's would give me I would go with either coilovers or air bags. That way you could at least raise it up if the snow gets bad. Just my opinion. I like mine it's a good drop for me everyone has there own opinion go with what you like. Just thought I'd point out the fact that if you go lower you may have problems in the years when it snows heavy up there. Check around there are quite a few peeps in the Everett,Snoho and Monroe areas see if they have problems.

·
TheOtherGuys
7,988 Posts
TEin is a nice drop.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,335 Posts
Man Sciontist, how many people have said you look like Taz?

·
Registered
5,726 Posts
If I were you, Id go down to Tanabe DF210s. 2.2 and 2.0 drop. I personally dont think S-techs take it low at all. Everyones like OMG 2.2 drop! It sounds crazy, but its really not. Still wheel gap like a mofo. Once you start going 4 inch drop with a kit, then it can be considered crazy.

I say go with goldlines or tanabes, both of which ive ridden in, both of which feel better than stock right, yet handle better. S-techs wont be enough of a drop. Hell DFs werent enough for me, and I live with some CRAPPY roads and big speedbumps. Just gotta learn to slightly change driving habits/styles. I doubt anyones lower for daily driver cruising height here than me, and I get around fine honestly. Just gotta know how to drive. Do the DFs, or even better, do coilovers!

Scotty

·
Registered
673 Posts
I have s-techs... and switch back from 17's to stock durring bad weather (will be doing so again shortly) have no problem with them... guesing you dont have a large sub set up in back so that wont make the drop worse for you...
anyways they ride fine with stock rims/tires.... lots of people suggest upgrading the rear shocks to monroes (sensa trac i think) will help with any added bounce... i have yet to do that tho

·
TheOtherGuys
7,988 Posts
Df210's are softer and lower, get the Df210's! You will end up getting them later anyways...

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.