Scion xB Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
308 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I think I might sell them on e-bay! The Im I sent you I thought you were overseas I spent two years in Japan.

Paul

·
Super Moderator
16,213 Posts
release_xb said:
I think I might sell them on e-bay! The Im I sent you I thought you were overseas I spent two years in Japan.

Paul
I was wondering what that was about! Nah, just a Cali boy, but it would be nice to visit Japan!!

So, what was your total time on this? (start to finish.)

·
Registered
1,367 Posts
Here is a one peice one I made out of masonite, for my RS1, I made another template from cardboard that I have to transfer to masonite for the wifes RS3, I may take themt down to a sheet metal shop and get them to cut me one out of stainless with their waterjet or laser, if its not too costly, i fthey have to digitize the part thats going to run up the cost.

·
Registered
1,573 Posts
Let us know first if you start mass producing these now!

I really like the CF ones from MotorFX, but I just can't afford them at the moment.

I'd probably be in for a plastic set though!

Let me know!

-Alex

·
Registered
546 Posts
same here let me know.

·
Registered
1,367 Posts
I got some diamond plate yesterday from my brother in law, so its time to play today. Ill post pics when im done. The only issue is I dont know what the difference is in the stock grills and RS2, I only have a RS1 and RS3, maybe I can buy one and return it. :D Ill keep you guys posted. IMoff to cut some chrome diamond plate.:D :D

·
NEXT LEVEL MOTORING
3,810 Posts
Skeeter said:
I got some diamond plate yesterday from my brother in law, so its time to play today. Ill post pics when im done. The only issue is I dont know what the difference is in the stock grills and RS2, I only have a RS1 and RS3, maybe I can buy one and return it. :D Ill keep you guys posted. IMoff to cut some chrome diamond plate.:D :D
skeeter, im pretty sure after seeing your "one piece plates" you shouldnt have any prob with fabbing the DP.
since i dont have my original RS1 grill, is there a "resting point" for the plate to sit on the front for the RS1?
and is the RS2 a mesh top? or is there a lip for the plates to rest on?

as long as theres that lip on the grill up front for your plates to rest on for support, you should be all good to go.

post pics late this afternoon...........HURRY! ;) :D

·
Registered
1,367 Posts
I will post some pics int he morning, im beat and going to bed.

For the RS1 grills, it rest on tops of the metal behind the billet grill and on the lip on the core support, I was going to use the plastic retainers the grill use but the DP is too thick where the diamonds are, so it wouldnt sit right.

RS2, no idea.

RS3 in the top of the plastic grill there are some slots that the plate slides into, i cut some small slots in the plate as well so they slide into the slots in the back of the RS3 grill and the lip in the core support.

STOCK Grill, no idea.

A buddt of mine has some rubber edging, like what came on the stock RS1 grill, I am going to look at tommorowfor putting around the edge of the cooling plates, so it doesnt rub the paint off the core support. I cut these with my jig saw, filed the edges smooth with a hand file and grinder. So these were more work than the masonite one or plastic. Im off to bed!!!

·
Registered
1,367 Posts
OK heres some pics, I may do some more tweaking on them today.

Heres both plates cut and files smooth.

RS3

You can see how the plate is under the lip of the RS3 grill. I was thinking about either pop riveting the plate to that top lip or using some allen head bolts.

Back of RS1 grill, I drilled the rivets out that normaly hold that back plate to the RS1 grills, because I painted it HotLava. I may make a bracket that will come off one ot the other mounting points and pop rivet it or use allen head bolts, if I can center the bolts up on both side equally, I dont want it to look FUBARED!!!! Im picky so shoot me.

If I can find a shop here locally with a reasonable rate, I get some done. I dotn want to be making these by hand, its a pain in the ass because I am a perfectionist. :D

And I wouldnt be able to make them out of CF.

I also came up with some covers for some other opening under the hood/ Maybe I should keep all this under my hat!!! :D :D

·
Floating Around Somewhere
11,800 Posts
Really nice job -- Those look sweet. Man if that was me trying to make those they would turn soooo bad and all boogered up. My hats off to you. Can't wait to see what else you have up your sleve. :cool:

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.