Scion xB Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've topped off the reservoir and am still getting the the blue coolant light. I've even let the car idle long enough to circulate coolant then checked the reservoir again with the level being where it should be. Bad coolant sensor/light indicator? Neither me or the previous owner has had overheating issues. What's next?

·
xB Leaving Pit Soon
1,167 Posts
A temperature sending unit malfunction is a possibility.
Another potential is a thermostat stuck in the open position. If the thermostat remains open, the coolant may not attain the necessary temperature to open the sensor and deactivate the blue light.
If the xB is an automatic, check that the transaxle shifts into high gear regardless of the blue light being on. Also check whether the cabin heater is providing normal output.
Good luck with your analysis.

·
Registered
38 Posts
I've topped off the reservoir and am still getting the the blue coolant light. I've even let the car idle long enough to circulate coolant then checked the reservoir again with the level being where it should be. Bad coolant sensor/light indicator? Neither me or the previous owner has had overheating issues. What's next?
thermostat stuck in the open position was my first thought

1 - 3 of 3 Posts