Scion xB Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Ooops Correct Spelling(Controling Ipod with Steering Wheel)Damn my mind isnt thinking tonight but anyways Im pretty sure all xbs have volume and song change on the steering wheels.Now I know you can change the song track and volume when your cd is playing but when you have your Ipod connected it only lets you do the volume my question is:Is their a way you can program the track change to change your song on the Ipod and not just the cd player?Hopefully I made this clear enough for yall to understand.It's just a pain in the butt to look down at your ipod for the song your looking for while your driving or if you just want to change the song.To bad its not voice activated like the navigators are!If theirs not a way,maybe it needs to be investigated :D

Have A Day~
Brooke

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Re: Controlling Ipod with Steering Wheel

I know it's suppose to do that when you have your cd playing but I need it to change my songs on the Ipod using those arrows too

Have A Day~
Brooke

·
Registered
8,923 Posts
Hey! Somebody took the buttons off of my steering wheel...:eek:

Just kidding, only the 06 1/2 models had the steering wheel controls.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
hmm.maybe i'll go up to the dealer ship tomorrow and ask around about that b/c my arrows just change the cd songs.Thanks for helping though....

Have A Day~:D
Brooke

·
Registered
552 Posts
hmm.maybe i'll go up to the dealer ship tomorrow and ask around about that b/c my arrows just change the cd songs.Thanks for helping though....

Brooke
I would, this is what my arrows do

radio - changes preset stations up and down
cd - songs up and down
ipod - songs up and down
aux - nothing

I even went out and checked to make sure I wasn't mistaken.

·
I'm Awesome.
10,701 Posts
Do you have the IPOD Head unit with the IPOD connector, or a basic head unt where you would connec your IPOD thorough the AUX jack. If you have the IPOD connectors you'er all set and should be able to use the steering controls. If you only have the basic head unit and are using the AUX jack to connect your IPOD (like i do) you better hope you like what the IPOD Plays, or be prepared to keep your IPDO somewhere handy.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Do you have the IPOD Head unit with the IPOD connector, or a basic head unt where you would connec your IPOD thorough the AUX jack. If you have the IPOD connectors you'er all set and should be able to use the steering controls. If you only have the basic head unit and are using the AUX jack to connect your IPOD (like i do) you better hope you like what the IPOD Plays, or be prepared to keep your IPDO somewhere handy.

lol thanks guys
Gargamel Thanks for going out and checking :)

Toup i just use the aux jack and then press the aux button on the head unit so basicly it does what yours does (gotta keep it somewhere handy) I also try my best to keep an updated playlist so i dont have to fiddle with it much but after while it plays the same songs:rolleyes:

surfcity-sorry somebody stole your buttons :p

·
Registered
552 Posts
yeah using the AUX the up down arrows do nothing (at least that I've found) you need to have/use the ipod scion cable and connector in the center console area. Then the arrows control the ipod, and the radio screen also displays the song name and all.

cheers

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
ill check it out tomorrow when my fiance brings back the ipod he had to go out of town so he brought it with him :mad: oh well he'll be back late in the pm

Brooke

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.