Scion xB Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 74 Posts

·
Registered
1,638 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I didn't know where to put my first DIY project, so I hope this is the right place.

I am starting out small and then I will work my way to the bigger stuff in due time. I painted 2 of the 3 control knobs (I couldn't get the middle one out so I will do that one later) in the middle console with silver glitter painted and added blue and silver rhinestones for accents. I will be putting on the clear coat once it dries a bit more.

I know it sounds "girlie", but it is all going with my theme idea (think lights, disco balls, glitter, sheer curtains, etc:D ). It's not a big deal, but I did want to share cuz I was so excited and please don't laugh at me (or I'll have to kick your @$$!:D ).

Sorry, this is the best pic I could get, but you get the idea (it looks better in person):

More projects to come in preparation of the "Go-Go Box".

·
Egistered Ruser
1,227 Posts
very nice, some jewelry for your box :)

I once knew a girl who had jewelry for her box too ... :p

·
TheOtherGuys
7,988 Posts
That is all you. Looks good.

·
Nor*Cal's Most Hated
3,841 Posts
Looking good Tammie! You should see the rhinestones on Mark's xB, he's got them on the silver trim piece around his shifter also.

·
Registered
1,638 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
squirrel said:
Looking good Tammie! You should see the rhinestones on Mark's xB, he's got them on the silver trim piece around his shifter also.
Which Mark? bBoxd? Yeah, I believe that cuz he's all about the VIP. I love his ride too, but I didn't get a chance to see the interior at the Dublin Meet.

·
Nor*Cal's Most Hated
3,841 Posts
Scion-Doll said:
Which Mark? bBoxd? Yeah, I believe that cuz he's all about the VIP. I love his ride too, but I didn't get a chance to see the interior at the Dublin Meet.
Yup, that's the one!

·
Super Moderator
16,213 Posts
Scion-Doll said:
I didn't know where to put my first DIY project, so I hope this is the right place.

I am starting out small and then I will work my way to the bigger stuff in due time. I painted 2 of the 3 control knobs (I couldn't get the middle one out so I will do that one later) in the middle console with silver glitter painted and added blue and silver rhinestones for accents. I will be putting on the clear coat once it dries a bit more.

I know it sounds "girlie", but it is all going with my theme idea (think lights, disco balls, glitter, sheer curtains, etc:D ). It's not a big deal, but I did want to share cuz I was so excited and please don't laugh at me (or I'll have to kick your @$$!:D ).

Sorry, this is the best pic I could get, but you get the idea (it looks better in person):

More projects to come in preparation of the "Go-Go Box".
Nice goin'! So, where's the step-by step article??? Inquiring minds........ you know the rest! (Very proud of you, BTW! ;) )

·
Registered
219 Posts
This past summer I met this guy through TeamNRG from Brooklyn. I told him that I admired his baseball cap that was artistically covered with clear rhinestones. He showed me his blue xB and he did the same on the car as on his hat. They were on the top front grille all the way across and outlined around the spokes of his wheel covers. At night the amount of light that the little clear rhinestones pick up is incredible, especially on a dark colored car. So go where the "Saturday Night disco fever" takes you and let's see some new pix when you do.

·
Registered
1,638 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
YellowSubxB said:
This past summer I met this guy through TeamNRG from Brooklyn. I told him that I admired his baseball cap that was artistically covered with clear rhinestones. He showed me his blue xB and he did the same on the car as on his hat. They were on the top front grille all the way across and outlined around the spokes of his wheel covers. At night the amount of light that the little clear rhinestones pick up is incredible, especially on a dark colored car. So go where the "Saturday Night disco fever" takes you and let's see some new pix when you do.
Yeah, it's funny cuz I look at the knobs and then while I'm sitting in the box I am thinking of other little things to do...my box is a canvas and it say "Disco 70's" theme all over it. But what next?? You know me, I will post pics!;)

·
Registered
2,909 Posts
How do you get them off? I'm thinkin about doing that to mine (if my dad let's me) and paint them camo green like the car.

·
I am Sofa King We Todd Ed
3,453 Posts
That's a great way to personalize. Don't ever let anyone laugh at you for doing what you think is cool. I think that's the main point of these cars is to be different....Keep up the icing and can't wait to see what you think of next! BTW, where in the world is Belton, MO?

·
Registered
19,896 Posts
yeah i saw bboxed's car in person and sorta copied him by putting stones on my trim piece too. i took it further though and have a crystal shift know and accents through out the car. i just need the crystal a/c knobs and i'm all set!

·
Registered
2,909 Posts
BoomBox said:
That's a great way to personalize. Don't ever let anyone laugh at you for doing what you think is cool. I think that's the main point of these cars is to be different....Keep up the icing and can't wait to see what you think of next! BTW, where in the world is Belton, MO?
B-Town is 30 minutes south of KCMO (Kansas City)

·
Registered
219 Posts
It's such a simple mod. Just pull the knobs straight out (just like most air conditioner knobs) and they come off. Turn them over and slide out the little milky white inserts that allow light to pass through them at night from behind the dash. Paint or decorate as you like and then replace the inserts and put them back on.

As you can see, the yellow knobs go along with the whole Yellow Submarine theme on the dash. Yes that is Ringo and the Sub. LOL

(That's also 8 foot lengths of wood in the last picture that fit INSIDE the xB. Just slide the fronts onto the dash board shelf and the rear hatch will close. Tight but it works!)

Enjoy!

Attachments

·
Registered
219 Posts
Hey - From one Yellow Sub to another, I'd love to see your work when you're done.

So how about a Yellow Sub Scion xB National meet this summer? LOL

yellow_sub said:
yeah i saw bboxed's car in person and sorta copied him by putting stones on my trim piece too. i took it further though and have a crystal shift know and accents through out the car. i just need the crystal a/c knobs and i'm all set!

1 - 20 of 74 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.