Scion xB Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 127 Posts

·
Dori Dori
360 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well i found the colorado scion website and its dead.

Seeing that this is the Mid West secion and CO is like the Middle of the Mid West it would only make sence to ask here.

Anyways, anyone know of CO events and shows for Xb's and cars alike?

·
Registered
1,573 Posts
Well, there are several clubs doing things in the Denver area and there are active Scion owners up in my hometown of Greeley too.

Get in touch with the members of ScinergyCO or SE Denver and they'll clue you in.

There will be a gob of CO peeps coming to Iowa in May too, you should be there!

-Alex

·
Registered
361 Posts
Well, there are several clubs doing things in the Denver area and there are active Scion owners up in my hometown of Greeley too.

Get in touch with the members of ScinergyCO or SE Denver and they'll clue you in.

There will be a gob of CO peeps coming to Iowa in May too, you should be there!

-Alex
yep, mile high Scikotics too. I know scinergyCO meets at mcs pizza in littleton on most saturdays at like 7 or so...
sometimes all the scion peeps on the northside and some peeps from down south head up to that sonic at 95th and federal...
with all this snow its a little tuff to get to the shows:rolleyes:

·
Registered
60 Posts
Well, there's actually a ton of us out here. Most people post on that *other* site though. RaiderBeast and I would be the folks to PM, for sure.

(btw, hey bro!)

·
Dori Dori
360 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
thats neeto....

Im officially not offiliating myself with some of these CO scion asshats. I was at the ScionBackstage event like a month and a half ago and I was looking at a guys intake.

I was following it with my finger questioning why it goes in a loop cause it seems pointless. The owners all "hey, you dont see me touching your car" and I was seriously 6-8 inches away from the pipe.

Those guys are too anal and are WAY to cocky about their cars.

If i had a CAI and some kid that owened a scion was checking it out i woulnt really care if he touched it cause hes a fellow scioner not just some random goon off the streets. Most the time you can trust another car inthusiast.

Whatever though, im trying to start something were the people arent too full of themselves and im more into driving then sitting in parking lots bumpin my subs, that shits annoying.

·
Registered
32 Posts
I'm sorry you got that as a first impression. I don't think it was a cocky thing as much as it was a protective thing. I had someone take out my oil dip-stick at a show once and try to walk away with it. My friend John had someone tried to pull his door sill off and messed it up at a show. Poor cherryBox had a lady get in his car when were sitting at a restaurant. So sometimes we may get a bit "anal". But it's to protect our investment. A lot of time, money and love go in to some of these cars.
Was everyone you met that day a jerk to you?

·
Floating Around Somewhere
11,800 Posts
Wow -- The most posting by anyone from Colo and it starts off like this.I see some old faces posting here in the club. But I think we can over come any kind of drama or bad start if you want to call it that. Time for a group hug. a couple pats on the back and a hand shake. See -- It's all better now. :) I for one would to see alot more posting from Colo area, hell even Utah too, cause sl isn't the only game in town and certainly not the nicest or best.

·
Dori Dori
360 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I was walking around trying to talk to a few people and no one even really egnoledged me.

Basically first thing that happened when I got there, parked the box, got out, said whats up to whoever that was in the box basically next to ours, was checking out his ride, looking at the engine bay, snapped at by the owner. I had even just talked to you seconds before.

I understand the concern for your car and its well being especially when you are spending quite a bit of money on it. I too love my cars and dont want people messing with stuff but I dont misjudge so fast and then freak out.

Theres a car show coming up held by Scinergy here in Loveland about 90% sure im not entering the box this time. I will probably check it out though. Maby if I feel the need to engage in conversation someone will respond this time instead of basically looking right through me.

Sorry for the harsh words and if I offended you then so be it. Im not a fan of people who think they are better than others or think their vehicle is better cause they have more money to spend on it.

·
11,800 Posts
Kind of funny that you say that. When my wife and I went to our "first" meet we went thru a different situation. Rolled in and parked but no one would talk to us. After about 15 minutes of checking other modded scions out we were going to leave and go back home.Out of blue comes this very friendly person who starts talking to us and made feel welcome. Only one person out of a bunch. Needless to say my wife was not impressed with this group. But as time went on I was able to make new friendships and have a few good times.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Dub40sx-- Come up to the show in Loveland, bring the xB and have some fun. Sometimes people can over react as I have in the past, It was propbably just a misunderstanding. If you come up find me (Nick) I have the hot lava xB. I will introduce you to the rest of the peeps and hopefully get everything on the right track here.

·
11,800 Posts
Ok -- There you go -- Good luck guy's.

·
Registered
1,573 Posts
I've known Nick for a couple of years now (hard to believe it's been that long eh bud?) and he's good people. Frosty too. Both of them and the rest of ScinergyCO are a great resource in the Scion world and can help you out lots. Give them another shot and you will be pleased you did.

Some of the problems you had at Backstage could have been a product of the event itself. At the Omaha event there was an odd vibe and it did not have the family feel that most Scion events do. Hell, I pretty much knew everybody there and it wasn't the happy hugfest we usually have. Maybe that was the case elsewhere too.

Backstage was a neat idea, but the execution was a bit off. Trying to squeeze that much stuff into a few hours doesn't work well at all.

In any case, hit up Nick, Frosty, Elyce, Hax, and all the rest of the ScinergyCO kids at the Loveland thing. It will pay off with lasting friendships and only the best of friendly rivalries!

Also, Frosty and Nick, I'm gonna try to make it out that way in October I think. Probably late in the month. See you then?

-Alex

·
Registered
36 Posts
Hey everyone? New to the site (This is my first post actually) and came across this and thought damn shame. I have been a scion owner (2006 XB) for about a year now and was a toyota certified expert tech not too long ago. I had not a single mod to my XB as of yet and went to a couple of events and all these freakin guys made me feel like I had no business being there. I was probably the one that installed a bunch of their mods. I felt like excuse me for trying to get a few ideas. So many Huge ego's and such. I live in Littleton and have not had the desire to go to a single event since. I stick with my motorcycle peeps they are much less arrogant. Maybe just cause I have been around forever there. My point is I don't have the time or the need to hang with peeps that act like they got something to prove. Truth is there is always gonna be somebody bigger, better, faster, louder........

It is always better to have a boat load of people to hang with and have similar interests than to be biggest and baddest car in a show of 1.

·
Registered
1,573 Posts
Just gettin' the hell away Frosty. I'm gonna try to take a week, but it will probably be a Sunday through Thursday thing because of work. Don't want to miss more weekends when I should be selling stuff.

mmmgawa, hmmm, sorry for your bad experience man. I know I'm not going to change your mind and I haven't been there for your experiences. All I can say is that I have always been shown love by my Colorado clubmates in all situations. They can have their bad days like everyone else, but they're good people at heart.

Also, sometimes people just don't get along. It's not a crime, it just happens. Hell, believe it or not, there's some folks I don't jive with myself! Such is life.

See y'all around.

-Alex

·
Registered
32 Posts
I'm really having a hard time with this "Everyone is a jerk in your club" thing.
Our "Club" had a good 20+ people in it. And out of the 10 to 15 people that show up for an event, Not one of us wasn't a jerk? We all were Arrogant? We all had something to prove and thought we were better then everyone else in the world?
I have never seen any of our group not say hello to someone who said Hi to us first. I would have a talk with them if they did.

I have only ever seen one person who we have never met before shunned. And that was because that person and his friend were talking trash about our cars with us standing around them before they introduced themselves as a fellow owner. You can see why people my not have welcomed that person with open arms. But if he would have talked with me, Even if I heard him talk like that about my car, I would have still talked with him.

That being said. I'm not saying that everyone in the club is always happy and never in a bad mood. Some of the people don't talk much until you get to know them. Some a bit on the shy side. I know I have gone to a show when I was having a bad day and might not have been as friendly as I should have. But by no means is EVERYONE in the club a bad person.

Come and hang with us. Find Nick and introduce yourself. You may not like all of us but odds are you should be able to find someone you get along with.

·
Registered
36 Posts
I admit I may not have given everyone the best chance to put a good foot forward and I do plan to try and get into the local commune again. I am sure it has grown considerably and usually with clubs the more people that attend the less concerned people are with who has what and just have a good time. So be on the lookout for me. I will be posting some pics soon.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Sweet lookin forward to it as well. BTW when and where? I mean are there regular meetings? I noticed no web site yet? Unless I missed it.

1 - 20 of 127 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.