Scion xB Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just bought a used 06 that is a greyish green metalic color.. Can anyone tell me what the official Color is? I looked on the Scion site but it doesnt seem to be listed as a color.. I have heard some people refur to it as Camo..

·
Registered
1,985 Posts
Welcome new camo owner!

Yeah, we usually just use camo, camouflage metallic is just TO darn long :D .
(Hey most of the other colors are down to 3 letters, BOP, BCP. . . :p )

·
Registered Abuser
1,570 Posts
im only a 2 letter PW. thats cool tho, camo is a nice color xb, some parts run rampid with them. everywhere else their mega scarce.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
My only issue with the color is no neon goes really well with it.. I guess green is gonna be the way to go..

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
anyone know where i can get touch up paint for this color? couple of scratches on the bumper id like to hide a bit..

·
Registered
1,985 Posts
anyone know where i can get touch up paint for this color? couple of scratches on the bumper id like to hide a bit..
You can get a little bottle about the size of white-out from the dealer for about $10. (He may need to order it.) My dealer sends me a flyer every month with coupons including one for touch up paint for $5.95 yours may do that too.

As to neon the color isn’t actually that hard. In the dark we don’t really read as green but just “a dark color.” I have blue neon underglow and that works for me. (Just can’t paint match the blue anywhere else -- in daylight that would look horrible.) I also think white looks great against any color. Of course green works to :) .

(I just added a multicolor LED kit too, and need to take updated shots.)

Hit up the thread:
http://www.clubxb.com/forums/f2/8762-come-say-hi-camo-box/

·
Registered
673 Posts
its an 06??? when did they phase out the camo and go to Flint shadow mica or whatever that other color was??? wasnt that supposed to replace the camo for the xbs?? they are similar in color but not exact match...

the paint code should be on the inside of the driver door jam on one those info plaques

·
Registered
1,985 Posts
its an 06??? when did they phase out the camo and go to Flint shadow mica or whatever that other color was??? wasnt that supposed to replace the camo for the xbs?? they are similar in color but not exact match...

the paint code should be on the inside of the driver door jam on one those info plaques
Scion did some changes during 2006 to the xB. We call the boxes released after the changes 2006.5. Big things were they retired camo and BCP and replaced them w Shadow Mica & Salsa Red. They also added the new steering wheel radio controls, and changed the seat fabric. For more check this thread:
http://www.clubxb.com/forums/f64/8901-my2006-5-a/?highlight=2006.5
In the day the difference between Shadow Mica & camo is pretty obvious. . . . when you have them side by side. (That’s why the shadow in our club & I try to park next to each other at shows.) At night its much harder :rolleyes:

Not the best shot, but here we are at the Hamer show last year:

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I wish.. I bought mine used from a ford dealership.. But ill hit up the local Scion dealership and see if they can get a bottle for me.. I dont need any more than a little bottle. I plan on blacking everything out on the car so Ill be making it even darker.. Still kinda leaning towards green..

·
Registered
1,479 Posts
The color is more likely Shadow Mica (more metallic and more gray than camo). The nice thing is most dealers still have the magnetic paint samples in their show room. They could actually take the sample outside and put it next to your car. If it is a match, you'll have Shadow Mica. If your car looks greener with less metallic, you have a camo. Either way, the dealer can order touch up paint.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I took it to my sound guy and he is telling me it would make a toatly great army themed car.. And while it would im a fat white man.. nothing army about me.. So im thinking more urban camo.. MAybe 2 tone with black and Camo interior with red neons.. any opinions?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.