Scion xB Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay. I know this is a hotly debated topic. From what I'm reading clear bra is the way to go. However, I can't bring myself to spend that kinda moola to get it done. So I'm leaning toward the Colgan Bra. Sounds like this is the bra to get if you go this route. Anyone have experience with the Colgan? How often do you need to take it off the car? Do you have to take it off for rain? I hear some say yes and some say no.

Any insight appreciated

·
I am Sofa King We Todd Ed
3,453 Posts
I have the Le Bra for the xB. I used it last winter, but I won't be using it this winter. It's just a pain to put on. Other than that, it worked great, and did not need to be pulled off during a rain storm.

However, I pulled it off the car every few weeks to keep my car clean, and then put it back on....

The clear bra really is the way to go if you can put out the cash, just make sure the car is SUPER clean before you get it installed.

·
Registered
37 Posts
I think I have the colagn bra. (I will have to check to make sure)http://www.clubxb.com/forums/f29/6761-old-school-sunshade/ I love it, I have had it on for awhile and it still look great. My wife has had hers on her Mini Cooper for several years and it still looks and hold up great. Onr thing I did have to do is around the finders I had to add velco to keep it from coming undone but that seems to work great also.

·
Registered
37 Posts
I think I have the colagn bra. (I will have to check to make sure)http://www.clubxb.com/forums/f29/6761-old-school-sunshade/ I love it, I have had it on for awhile and it still look great. My wife has had hers on her Mini Cooper for several years and it still looks and hold up great. Onr thing I did have to do is around the finders I had to add velco to keep it from coming undone but that seems to work great also.

PS I have seen to many clear bras get bubbles and dirt on the edges. Just me but I would not put one on my xB if they gave it to me.

·
Registered
614 Posts
Dropped my RS 4.0 off to have the clear bra installed tonight. Having dealt with so many stone chips on BSP I wasn't going to go through that again.I just don't like the look of the conventil style bra and don't want to deal with the hassles.The shop owner uses two xBs as company vehicles.He showed me the clear bra on his.You can't hardly see it till you are up on it.
Its going to run just under $500.That includes the hood,front edge of the fenders,lower lip,bumper fronts,mirrors,headlights.Worth every penny in my book.:D

UPDATE: they also did the A pillars and the roof leading edge. DEntworks in Powell,Ohio. Terrific guys to work with.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I've been on the prowl for a clear bra for Dita - Dahlia currently has a nose bra on her - Any suggestions where to find one?
I know that several people refer to rockblocker for the clear bras. Not sure if they have installers in your area or not. Can check them out at rockblocker.com. I've ordered my Colgan and am waiting for it to arrive. Thanks for you replies Appreciate your insight. Also, Tomas on ClubxB seems to have a good deal of knowledge on clearbras

·
Registered
1,047 Posts
Clear Bra is the way to go... I got my Clear bra installed on my car the next weekend after buying it.. Haven't had any problems since and I love my front end rock chip free!!!

I was never a real fan of the Bra's you have to put on and take off..
They collect dust and particals under the bra and can stratch your paint... Might as well not put one on in the first place...

If you have the money Clear Bra is the way to go to protect your paint...
I Paid $460.00 for my Hood, Front bumper, Fenders, Door Handles and Rear bumper...

But when I got rear ended they pulled the rear one off and i opt with the CF cover instead...

·
Registered
2,860 Posts
everytime I see this title, I think "COLGATE vs. Clear bra" I was like, toothpaste???? only if your car looks like this

I almost wet myself when I saw this the first time

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.