Scion xB Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone Just picked up my xb last saturday and absolutely love it, I have a couple of questions. Im thinking of Adding a cold air intake and an exhaust but
1st question will this void my warranty ? I got the extended 100,000 mile warranty so Im a little worried.
2nd question, does the cold air intake cause a noticeable difference in Performance ? and final question should I stay away from any of the ones on ebay ?..........Thanks for any help please no flaming guys

·
Registered
311 Posts
adding a intake & exhaust will not void yer warranty.. there is a difference in performance and.. stay away from cheap aftermarket parts on ebay..

·
Registered
113 Posts
K&N Typhoon Cold Air Intake

I was wondering if the K&N Typhoon cold air intake for a 03-05 will fit my 06 XB. I really don't want a cold air, I'm more interested in short rams for looks, but the Typhoon doesn't look like a cold air because right where the pipe bends is where the cone filter is. AEM, INJEN, etc the pipe bends and goes below the engine. Can someone clarify that the Typhoon is short ram intake and if so will it fit my 06.

·
Registered
77 Posts
FatalJRA said:
I was wondering if the K&N Typhoon cold air intake for a 03-05 will fit my 06 XB. I really don't want a cold air, I'm more interested in short rams for looks, but the Typhoon doesn't look like a cold air because right where the pipe bends is where the cone filter is. AEM, INJEN, etc the pipe bends and goes below the engine. Can someone clarify that the Typhoon is short ram intake and if so will it fit my 06.

I had the Typhoon on my car for about two weeks. It definitely made a noticeable difference in the power, and is in fact a full CAI. It bends down and goes right next to the driver's side wheel. The problem with it was that no matter what I tried, whether it be resetting the computer, letting it idle for a half hour and then driving it very, very easily for about 40 miles. I did whatever K&N told me to do and it was still throwing a lean bank code. K&N had said they had been having problems with the oil they used on the filters and with junk coming off the filter and messing with the MAF sensor, so I had to return it. I loved the agressive sound and performance, but I didn't like the codes it was throwing at me. But yes, it is a full CAI and a great one at that if you can get it to not throw codes.

·
Registered
546 Posts
Fujita CAI?

EticketXb said:
I've got the Fujita CAI - No Turbine noises - amazingly quite
I thought Fujita only made short rams for the xb any pictures? I would like to get one for my xb. thanks

·
Registered
1,197 Posts
Boxzilla said:
Quick question, I have an AEM CAI, not the one that converts between CA and SR just straight CA so its one pipe. Anyone know if I can get a bypass valve on this intake? If so where would it connect?
Yeah, you just gotta use the template and measurements they give you so the CAI will function properly. I had that intake and it was da bomb :D But im usin a F5 SRI now. Thinkin about going with their CAI :cool:

·
Registered
70 Posts
FatalJRA said:
What about a basic K&N air filter? Will that be carb legal? I know you won't be able to see it, but at least it offers a slight performance.
Yes the drop in K&N filter is CARB legal and so is the Typhoon CAI. Go with the Typhoon, you will love it. I have had it for a little over 2 years and the only problem I have have is my idle likes to surge but I can live with that.

·
RADIER HATER!!!
1,198 Posts
Big Will - Fujita makes both CAI and SRI Heres a few pics of my CAI and foglight cover Ram Mod

The Filter sits right behind the ram-air tubes.........

·
mertechperformance
1,478 Posts
NVSHSKR said:
Yes the drop in K&N filter is CARB legal and so is the Typhoon CAI. Go with the Typhoon, you will love it. I have had it for a little over 2 years and the only problem I have have is my idle likes to surge but I can live with that.
the typhoon as well as all other cai's/ short rams are not carb legal on 06's. drop in filters are carb legal on all years.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.