Scion xB Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello..does anyone have a positive experience with an aftermarket COLD AIR INTAKE KIT for the Xb?

I favor the K&N however I am unable to afford their cost.

Is there another manufacturer of a COLD AIR INTAKE KIT besides K&N that is built to quality standards and functions efficiently?

Would the COLD IR INTAKE KIT provide any measurable increase to air intake and improve engine power?

Thank you.

Registered
Hello..does anyone have a positive experience with an aftermarket COLD AIR INTAKE KIT for the Xb?

I favor the K&N however I am unable to afford their cost.

Is there another manufacturer of a COLD AIR INTAKE KIT besides K&N that is built to quality standards and functions efficiently?

Would the COLD IR INTAKE KIT provide any measurable increase to air intake and improve engine power?

Thank you.
Hello. Before people start ripping you with the "This has been discussed already" and the "This is a noobie question" 馃檮 And the ever faithful: "Do your research" ( I really hate that one) #1 There are plenty of CAI out there for the xB. Are you gen 1? Or 2? Usually with CAI you have to worry about water getting into the motor it depends on how you place it- Option #2 Short Ram Intakes. HPS offers one for gen 2 and it adds a verified 7hp and 8ft pounds trq. With either one, you're not gonna be beating Civics ( not unless they're old ) at most you'll feel a little bump in throttle response- full bolt ons will give you maybe 10 to 15hp at the crank. However, Intake heads and exhaust are fun things to do, and gives you happiness when you make your car quicker than just the stock version of it. Hopefully others will chime in with their opinion- But remember, it's your car so if you wanna make it a pinch quicker screw the negative haters. That's My .02 cents.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hello. Before people start ripping you with the "This has been discussed already" and the "This is a noobie question" 馃檮 And the ever faithful: "Do your research" ( I really hate that one) #1 There are plenty of CAI out there for the xB. Are you gen 1? Or 2? Usually with CAI you have to worry about water getting into the motor it depends on how you place it- Option #2 Short Ram Intakes. HPS offers one for gen 2 and it adds a verified 7hp and 8ft pounds trq. With either one, you're not gonna be beating Civics ( not unless they're old ) at most you'll feel a little bump in throttle response- full bolt ons will give you maybe 10 to 15hp at the crank. However, Intake heads and exhaust are fun things to do, and gives you happiness when you make your car quicker than just the stock version of it. Hopefully others will chime in with their opinion- But remember, it's your car so if you wanna make it a pinch quicker screw the negative haters. That's My .02 cents.
Im GEN 2 with a 2009 Xb. Thank you.

Registered
Can you suggest any brands or models for my 2009 Xb? I dont know that I would drop 300$ into a K&N or similar. thank you.
This will save you some money 馃挵 it's HPS proven results ( although all companies say that ) I've seen reviews from customers that recommend it- Prices are high everywhere because of this bad economy- although with HPS its high quality stuff. Check out their YouTube videos on the xB stuff.
White Product Font Line Parallel

1 - 5 of 5 Posts