Scion xB Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
1,501 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have installed some Tein S-Tech's about a month ago and now thinking about the next progression, Coilovers? I want to go lower but also like the idea of lifting her when needed! I would appreciate any feedback on coilovers from you who have them? Where to find the best deal? Which ones to look at and stay away from?

Thanks,
Laz

·
Registered
762 Posts
tein basics are cheap and plentiful but they are soft, and only lower about what your s-techs or less do.

progress coilovers are cheap too, roughly 700. they DUMP the front, scion scotty has them. hes laid out. also kind of a soft setup.

on SL there is a deal for k-sport coilovers for 850 shipped, and that includes camber plates w/pillowball mounts AND they are 36 way damping adjustable. the bad side is the default front springrate is 6kg/mm, which is bone shttering stiff but your car will handle like no other. those are what im getting.

then there are the HKS hipermax-c, Cusco vacanza, tein wagon, tanabe, etc coilovers that retail for about 1200 or so

·
Registered
402 Posts
I had a set of D2's and they are "man's coilovers" They handle awesome.....same as K2's not sure of springrate......on bouncy roads it was whiplash city for my GF. So she made me get new coilover's. So I bought a set of Tein Basics..for a real good price barely used......xA owner....and she approves of the ride now. The rears don't go as low as the D2's and they don't have camber plates and the shocks aren't adjustable.

·
Registered
1,047 Posts
I am on Tein Basic...
I like the ride...

its not really as soft as othes have said... Since I have 17's wheels with a small side wall tires I will feel allot of the bumps in the road.. but its not bad...

I paid $840.00 Locally picked up from Longo Toyota and they come with warranty from Tein...

They drop lower then the s-techs... I have my rear dropped all the way which is about 2.4" and the front it dropped about 2.6". I can still drop the car a little more but then I wouldn't have enough clearence to get up my driveway...

·
Registered
759 Posts
TEIN SUPER STREET Damper & I love the ride & the way it sits

TEIN has developed advanced technology to design the shell case and stroke to bring out the full potential of your vehicle.
These features of the TEIN Super Street Damper kit were designed with greater performance to satisfy all your driving demands. This high performance damper can be used for weekend racing and/or daily driving.
The discomfort caused by uneven roads or bumps are eliminated on daily street use. For race use, the ride height adjustable system enables you to adjust ride height and 16 levels of damping force.
In other words, you can set your vehicle to meet all situations!

I found this @http://www.tein.com/index.html

·
Registered
916 Posts
I don't really care for Tein suspension for our cars. IMO they don't drop the car enough. I suggest going with JIC, Cusco, or HKS for a good ride and slamed stance.

·
bB Squad son!
678 Posts
I have the JIC's.....a little stiff of a ride, but drops hella low. Cornering and handling is amazing though. I took a 25 mph turn the other day going almost 60......really smooth and never even rubbed with my 002's.

·
Registered
24 Posts
If ya got money and taste more sophisticated then the average xb you will go with the H & R set. It's a 2.2" drop that looks and performs great. It's is the racing cup kit and nobody has it. It's like an $800 kit. I got a set on a hook up cuz my dad knows the owner.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Tein Basics here too. I don't think there "soft" they handle real nice and the ride is quality, not harsh. The height they come set at is a bit lower than the S. Tech's but you can put them down pretty low.

here's my box on the basics: For reference I'm on 17's with 215/40's

·
Registered
2,042 Posts
1 - 20 of 20 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.