Scion xB Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i looking for the best ride. i was thinking about the D2 coilovers but bags sound so much more fun. which would be better for everyday use

·
Super Moderator
16,213 Posts
There's quite a few peeps here running bags on their daily drivers. The ride is nice from my understanding, and the fun factor........ PRICELESS!

Wish I had bags.

·
TheOtherGuys
7,988 Posts

·
NEXT LEVEL MOTORING
3,810 Posts
these are the ones i know of,

AIRRUNNER
EASYSTREET

most of the peeps like ric2542, mymadbox, bBist, luminicsbulbs is running the AIRRUNNER set up.
the cost can run from $2000.00 up to $3000.00 w/ or w/o install, depending on who has the hookups.

EASYSTREET also has the Air over shock system which no one has out on the market as of now..

·
Registered
276 Posts
My system is a mutt... EASYSTREET fronts, SS rear bags, Viar compressor, pancake tank.... SMC Valves.

·
Registered
410 Posts
Air Runner Suspension

I know shops that charge up to $4500 for the Air Runner NOT installed. If you look at an Xb fully air the bag out and try to drive in the rear you should still be able to do it. I wouldnt recommend it for days or anything because it is low but you will not crash. The bags on Air Runner are also Firestone bags which are the best bags in the industry for reliability and comfort. I dont see you blowing a bag on the kits either. Its a manual setup with extremely small air line. The only time people blow bags are like on custom setups when they are installed incorrectly, running to much psi. or some sort of install error. Air Runner is a complete bolt on kit so there is no way you can have any errors.

·
Registered
296 Posts
LuminicsBulbsDotCom said:
I know shops that charge up to $4500 for the Air Runner NOT installed. If you look at an Xb fully air the bag out and try to drive in the rear you should still be able to do it. I wouldnt recommend it for days or anything because it is low but you will not crash. The bags on Air Runner are also Firestone bags which are the best bags in the industry for reliability and comfort. I dont see you blowing a bag on the kits either. Its a manual setup with extremely small air line. The only time people blow bags are like on custom setups when they are installed incorrectly, running to much psi. or some sort of install error. Air Runner is a complete bolt on kit so there is no way you can have any errors.

Ya I just Bought a kit from Scott and its being installed as we speak! I did research on a bunch of different companys! Airrunner is by far the most complete and reliable kit on the market! not to metion that its 100% bolt on which makes it a no hassle, no cutting and welding kit!! Hands down the best air ride for your money!!!!!!:D

·
Registered
56 Posts
i agree with mostly everything that was said except that firestone bags are i best. i completely disagree with that. i have a bagged s10, and when i first bagged it i had nothing but problems with firestone bags. i first thought that maybe the bag was defective and purchased a few more firestone bags and had problems with them too. i will highly not reccommend firestone bags. i switched to slam specialties bags and they are golden. i've had no problem with these bags and i've had the for almost 2 years. slam bags are a better quality, they're thicker and they last longer. They have the same bolt pattern as firestone, so the are a complete replacement. Also when firestone bags are compressed the expand which means they have a better chance for rubbing. when slam bags are compressed the fold into itself( they have the same diameter when they are compressed when they are normal size), less of a chance for rubbing.

·
Registered
949 Posts
i have tein coilovers and they ride great but i want to go to bags cause the coilovers are just not low enough for me...

·
NEXT LEVEL MOTORING
3,810 Posts
i have the D2 CO's at this time, and you better be a man's man to be riding on these bad boys.

i will prolly upgrade to air, hopefully soon. not that D2 CO's are bad, i like the ride and im use to it, but air seems so much fun if i were to go F/B/SS and all and tinker with the switches.:D

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.