Scion xB Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Coilovers: Biggest Drop & Best Performance??

6K views 42 replies 13 participants last post by  xchrisb 
#1 ·
As the thread title states, what's the best setup? If money was no object.

I want to go as low as possible, but don't want any sagging issues I hear about. HKS, Cusco and Blitz do not offer specs on ride height adjustment. Does anyone know the true specs? Or if you have pics with your ride on them? Tein's do not adjust low enough for my preference. I would like lower than a 2.8" drop.

Also any info on K Sport would be appreciated. Anyone had any experience with these?

Thanks in advance.;)

#2 ·
#3 ·
If money was no object, I'd go Zeal - have verything made to your specs.

Out of the 3 you posted, I'd go with Cusco, then HKS, then Blitz (all range from $1200-1500):
-Cusco is the most complete system that can go down just about 3.8" all around and still ride great (I'm at 3.25" and it rides better than sstock - sorry no pics).
-HKS goes at least 4" in front but supposedly has too low a spring rate for low offset wheels.
-Blitz goes slightly lower than Tein Basics, but has the best handling ride (see my profile for Blitz at almost Max drop).

Progress is supposed to be really great if your on a budget.

#5 ·
I have a set of JIC Magic Coilovers that will drop 4+". Currently, my car is dropped at 2.5 all around (I can't drop lower yet due to my rim/tire set up). But it can still drop a lot more. My rears at almost to the top still and have plenty more to go down. The fronts are over half way up, with also plenty more drop to go.

Hope this helps.

#10 ·
All the different Cuscos can get confusing. Check the Cusco Japan website for more info.

I have Cusco Vacanza Zero Wagon with Super Low springs. The Zero Wagons lower with the shock body not just the spring. They come with camber adjustable upper mounts. Shocks and struts are non-adjustable.

The V-Wagons (which Aireck have I think) adjust at the springs only, but they go a little lower.

Lately, I've been seeing Cusco Zero1s for xBs with almost exact same specs. They might have adjustable shocks too...I'm not sure.

HTH

#14 ·
Ive got a strong liking to the Progress Coilovers. This is how my stance looked when I had them.

I can firmly say these are the best bang for the buck. Lowest drop and extremly good handling. You cant go wrong with these

#33 ·
You ride is controlled much more by your spring rate than by your dampening. And with the very high race oriented spring rates on the K Sports the finest tuned dampening in the world isn't going to help a thing. A set of K Sports with the right spring rate (and possibly modified dampening settings) could ride smooth as silk on the street.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.